Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good price for painting?

Options
  • 02-11-2007 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

To get my front of house, 3 bedrooms bathroom and hall, stairs and landing painted inclusive of ceilings: 1250 euros.

I must suplly the paint.

I have never dealt with painters before so I dont know what price to pay. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It depends really on what the painter is doing. Is s/he washing down the walls as well? Applying wall sealent first?

Is it a one-coat job or will several coats be needed? It depends on the amount of work and hours going into it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

2 coats on every wall. Thats all we discussed so far really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I wouldn't say it's a 'good' price but I've heard people being quoted €800 for 3 beds and a hallway so it might be 'average'?

Not really sure tbh, I just thought that it was better to clarify those questions before other people came along looking for more info. :)

Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

You say the front of house! Is the price quoted including the front of your house plus 3 bedooms and bathroom and HSL.? If that is so you are getting it done very cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

mad m wrote: »
    You say the front of house! Is the price quoted including the front of your house plus 3 bedooms and bathroom and HSL.? If that is so you are getting it done very cheaply.

i agree.

without looking at it and the amount of prep work involved i'd say you where getting a bargain,provided its done by a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

mad m wrote: »

I also agree. What the OP quotes sounds like a price that is too good to be true. Get a few more prices to determine the 'bargain' factor.

Its broken down into

100 for the box room
    180 for 2nd bed
    180 for master bed
    100 for bathroom
    350 for hsl
    350 for front of house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Cheap as chips IMO, even with you providing paint. But that's the way things are going, prices are faliing, a lot more free labour in the market lately (myself included)...just keep an eye on the quality of finish.

Wertz wrote: »
    Cheap as chips IMO, even with you providing paint. But that's the way things are going, prices are faliing, a lot more free labour in the market lately (myself included)...just keep an eye on the quality of finish.

Thanks alot guys for your input. Very much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement