Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubridy Radio Show Theme Music

• 02-11-2007 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Was at a quiz last night in local hall and a music question was to name the theme music to The Tubridy Show on the radio.

It has been doing my head in all the day as we had to leave early. It was in the charts in the late 80's.

Does anyone know?

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its Take Five by Dave Brubeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its not Take Five unless its the extended 12" remix. It certainly does sound like Brubeck though.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

No it's not Take Five - but I know that is used in another show and I can't remember that either (I'm getting old)

D

No not the Odd Couple! ;)

Mike.

Crap! My bad, sorry. Its Cantaloupe Island, Herbie Hancock. I always confuse the two :o

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cqwmDNPegnM

• Advertisement

Ah equally cool, thats okay then! (I'm gradualy getting into Mr Hancocks back catalogue).

Mike.

Cornbb

Whow you know your music. I'm impressed. That has been bugging me all day.

And for 20 points name the band that did a remix of it in the 80's and not a bad remix either.

D

Dummy wrote: »
    Cornbb

Whow you know your music. I'm impressed. That has been bugging me all day.

And for 20 points name the band that did a remix of it in the 80's and not a bad remix either.

D

I know my cheesy jazz for sure! Ah its a great tune though. Oh, and I *never* listen to Tubridy :eek: :D

As for the remix, aint got a clue without resorting to Google...

I did google and can't find a band. Though it was proberly sampled a million times since the early 80s.

Mike.

I found it !! It was really really bugging me what the remix was and it is Flip Fantasia. I don't know if Mr Hancock would be that thrilled with it but it's OK.

Here is the YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcuHWJSTvZs

Regards,

D

• Advertisement

I never heard of this version, not bad for a novelty :)

Mike.

Sweet, nice find. Sounds vaguely familiar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Its Cantaloop(Flip Fantasia) by US3. More here http://www.us3.com/handontorch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

what's the theme to the current turgidy radio show?

it's like a dentists drill the way it starts off, have to switch off immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 72,758 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Jim Comic wrote: »
    what's the theme to the current turgidy radio show?

it's like a dentists drill the way it starts off, have to switch off immediately

'S.E.C.R.E.T.' By Delorentos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

Working from home during the shutdown, I’ve been hearing this music regularly and I’m sick of it already.

Does Tubridy ever consider that most people listening to his show are not doing so through state-of-the-art studio speakers. On my iPad, this music sounds a blaring, confused cacophony.

It is very practical though- it’s my signal to switch off and start working. Why would someone who used to have that super-cool Herbie Hancock intro switch to something so relentless and shouty?

Advertisement