Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Various German and SS Items

• 02-11-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

SS Dog Tags and Uniform Insignia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

marcsignal,

I am always careful with SS and SA material, but particularly with SS. If you could make pictures also of the background of each of these items I may be able to tell you more about originality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

will do, I'll have more time next week to photograph them properly, however these items are, I understand, from my sisters father in law (now dead) who served in the 'Germania and 'Wiking' Divisions.

marcsignal wrote: »
    will do, I'll have more time next week to photograph them properly, however these items are, I understand, from my sisters father in law (now dead) who served in the 'Germania and 'Wiking' Divisions.

Very interesting and as I said in the other thread: it can't get any better than having items straight from the family as their originality is, in the majority of cases, guaranteed. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

SS number plates
    s7300033lt5.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm in college now, so for some reason I cant see the pictures (college has the photohoster blocked :mad:) I presume the number plates are off vechicles?

I was just thinking, but is there any way to look up those numbers to see what vechicle it belonged to (and thus where it might have been?) Surely there were records kept?

• Advertisement

Hi CB,

yes, the pics shows a vehicle reg. These registrations are outside my field of collection. So I cannot say anything about originality etc. about these but would be happy to post pics about items that anyone might be interested in on one of the German speaking collector's sites.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The plate is original allright,fakes just dont look right.Here's a similar plate on an ss vehicle

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1357726923054010923aFSaTL

Advertisement