Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A380 Lhr

Options
  • 02-11-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Lads,

I read here a few weeks back that Singapore airlines are to introduce an A380 on ith Heathrow to Singapore run in the very near future.

Has there been any update on this?

I am taking this trip in 4 weeks and was hoping that the service might be operational by then.

Failing that, what is the standard carrier of Singapore Airlines on this route?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

There doesn't appear to be any plans at present for it to use LHR. I can't see it coming until Terminal 5 is up and running. Maybe another 12 months.
    Terminal 3 is just too busy and even Qantas will be returning to Terminal 3 next year.

I sure you know Heathrow has been voted one of the worst airports in the world. An award it deserves!

Singapore Airlines use the Boeing 747-400 on all flights.

Edit: The only A380 they have so far is to be used on the SIN-SYD-SIN schedule only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes they are only using it to Sydney at the moment.

Singapore airlines are a generally good airline, as with most airlines from that part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Q2 2008 is the plan according to Singapore's website.

T3 has one pier that is ' A380 ready ' I have been in it, on a A340-600 and the scale of the gates is impressive

To be honest, having looked through all the website stuff , and seen some footage I reckon Y class passengers will see little difference , but I guess the queues for checkin will be longer.

Boy would I love to be in their first class ' suites ' though .. I see they have had to issue ' warning notices ' that joining the mile high club would be frowned upon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I read that as well.

In all fairness though, providing champagne, a comfy double bed, and an elevation of 30 or 40,000 feet was always going to lead to amorous activities.

Quite right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

In Terminal 3, Gates 1, 3, 5 and 7 are A380 ready. When the A380 arrived last May it used Gate 3. We know Gate 5 is ready as it has been taking B737-800's every morning this week. Yes! B737 -800's. You have a A340 then another A340 then a huge gap but if you look again notice a Turkish B737-800 then another A340.

Virgin had a problem with their toilets. That pull down table is for babies that are born and not for their conception as some passengers thought. The tables kept getting broken off. Virgin had a meeting about it and decided to reinforce their mountings.....maybe I shouldn't use that word......mountings. At least Virgin saw the funny side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Sinapore are not getting their next A380 until next year. The SIN-SYD-SIN is the only route with A380 until then.It will probably middle to end of next year before the SIN-LHR route gets an A380.

Advertisement