Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Exam Timetables

Options
  • 02-11-2007 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Well it's that time of year again, and what I suppose are the provisional Exam Timetables have been posted online..

I'm not sure if mine is good or bad...

I start Saturday 8th,
    Tuesday 11th,
    Friday 14th,
    Tuesday 18th,
    and my last exam isn't until Thursday 20th.

5 exams spread out over that length can't be too bad, but argh, euh and what not.....

I was hoping to have an extended Christmas, with the exams finishing early...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

How the hell is it nearly the end of the semester already?! I mean really...this speed thing better slow the hell down...I still have all of an FYP to attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I know its ridiculous!!
    I have 6 assignments still left to finish, and then they put exam pressure on top too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm on
    Saturday 8th
    Tuesday 11th
    Wednesday 12th
    Wednesday 19th

FINISHED!!!

Followed by several weeks of FYP work...Fun!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Wish I had exams coming up...would much perfer it to TP anyday:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

whats FYP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

'Final Year Project'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mon 10th 16:00,
    Tue 11th 12:30,
    Thu 13th 12:30,
    Fri 14th 16:00,
    Tue 18th 09:00,
    Wed 19th 12:30.

Damned 6 omdule semesters!!

whats FYP?

I sometimes ask the same question.......................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Yeah they suck, but I've got 100% course work in 1 module, so I only have 5 exams....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

ninty9er wrote: »
    Iv had 6 module semesters every semester since 1st year! This is the first time I dont. We have exams Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the 2nd week. We'll probably get the 1 on Wednesday changed so they isnt 3 in a row

• Advertisement

If anyone tries to have any of the ones I'm taking re-arranged...and I find out who they are....I'll come looking for them witha hatchet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Erm...no exams for me this semester then..they must have gone ahead and made my course 100% continous assessment so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I've a slight problem, I looked up my timetable but there's no exams listed

Oh hang on, I'm on coop :D:D

Enjoy ye're exams losers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ok so im in first year and for one of our modules there are about 30 people in the class

this module is the only exam we have on the second week........how hard/easy is it to get the lecturers to agree to change the day of the exam? someone told me it wasnt a problem as long as everyone in the class agrees

if this was changed we would have a savage 45 days off for xmas........*this is obviously not going to be the reason we tell her we want it changed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

PeakOutput wrote: »
    ok so im in first year and for one of our modules there are about 30 people in the class

this module is the only exam we have on the second week........how hard/easy is it to get the lecturers to agree to change the day of the exam? someone told me it wasnt a problem as long as everyone in the class agrees

if this was changed we would have a savage 45 days off for xmas........*this is obviously not going to be the reason we tell her we want it changed*

Forget about it - theres virtually no chance SAA would change it!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

45days!!!!! wow thats too much

The only route that a class can go to try and get an exam time changed is the following:

1) with the consensus of the entire class, the class rep can approach the lecturer and outline the grievances that the class has with the exam time.
    2) the lecturer then approaches SAA and requests that it be rescheduled.

NOTE - you'd actually need a very valid reason to get it changed; like having 4 exams in a row; or another one in the afternoon that can't be changed for some bizarre reason. I'm not sure because you want 45 days off qualifies as a plausible reason. Good luck though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ive 3 exams they were set for tues,wednesday,thursday of 2nd week but have moved the thursday to the first week thursday - our hardest exam by far soo we'll have it out of the way...

FYP is THE DEVIL..
    thankfully mine isnt due till april

Nutty wrote: »
    mamma saysFYP is the DEVIL..

There fixed that for you :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Saturday exams are bullsh!t but at least none of mine start at 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks like mine has been changed to
    Saturday
    Wednesday
    Monday
    Wednesday

I can live with that...Had a suspicion it would change anyway so this isn't half bad.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rummybyrd

Mossin wrote: »
    I know its ridiculous!!
    I have 6 assignments still left to finish, and then they put exam pressure on top too...

I know for a fact that lecturers were not surveyed about the calendar change. There were a number of factors at play - the American student market (little mention was made of ERASMUS students!!!) and the current student population who were randomly surveyed about the calendar change. :eek:

rummybyrd wrote: »
    I know for a fact that lecturers were not surveyed about the calendar change. There were a number of factors at play - the American student market (little mention was made of ERASMUS students!!!) and the current student population who were randomly surveyed about the calendar change. :eek:

Well most business do run on what the customers want rather than what the minions want...so I'm glad they didn't ask staff as like it or lump it, the new semester has made the university more marketable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

sat08th -9am
    wed12th-9am

then im off :D:D:D

Advertisement