Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Rating

Options
  • 02-11-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, does anyone know if you can repair your credit rating - i had 2 joint loans in the past - my partner defaulted on his share - so i ended up paying both loans off early myself. unfortunately - my credit rating is affected and i cannot get credit anywhere. Is it possible to contact the lenders and ask that they remove these bad debt records from my name,(as a gesture of goodwill and all that...) given that I paid them alone? is there anything i can do? except wait 6yrs for them to be automatically erased?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would highly doubt they'll remove them I'm afraid. You'll most likely have to wait this one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bekz09

thanks for that.. partly guessed I was grasping at straws.. i guess i'll just have to save the amount i would have being repaying if i was given credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Very little chance they will remove it ... but won't cost anything to ask...

For a little good news , its 5 years not 6...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bekz09

jhegarty wrote: »
    Very little chance they will remove it ... but won't cost anything to ask...

For a little good news , its 5 years not 6...

well that's some good news I guess! - I've one year down already - so only 4 to go..... :eek:

Advertisement