Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking about airsoft soc

Options
  • 02-11-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

anyone interested in an airsoft soc in dit bolten st if so leave a comment and i will get the ball rolling:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamon88

hey think it would be a savage idea,im all for it, the ball has ta start rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

definitely go for it man, havent seen you post on the airsoft forum before? bit of a lurker are we?
    anyway, the lads over there are very helpful, if you need any help in regards the airsoft end of things, post over there and someone will be able to help out

just graduated from dit this year myself, would have loved to set up an airsoft society, ive some experience with societies, having chaired netsoc for two years and helped out for three and plenty of other work i did with the societies office and other societies

your main issues right now (after you convince the societies office that a society involving what looks like guns is actually a good thing) is getting members signed up, you've unfortunately missed the clubs and societies sign up days, but with a bit of effort and some good marketing, you can get the numbers you need, hell, just setup a stand in the common area during lunch and show off some aegs

i know the societies staff quite well having worked with them for the last few years on alot of things aside from just netsoc business and if you want i can have a chat with them and put in a good word so to speak

brian whitney is the one you want to talk to first, he is the socs officer for the northside campus', he has an office in bolton street, but may be spending a bit of time over the southside (aungier street) this week due to anita being out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

i'd be interested provided we were shooting each other up on college grounds.
    Which is probably impossible.

Go for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

would be awesome to blow the dust off my old aeg, but i'm not too sure if this is a viable idea, the fact that they look like actual guns will be a pretty big deterrent for it to be given the ok:( and waving machine guns around the common room might not go down too well either:D

well obviously you wouldnt be playing on college grounds, similar idea to paintball societies tbh, go on trips and such...

OP: get in contact with Crave on here, he setup an airsoft society in carlow it, he might have some pointers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kevbyrne

Are these pelot guns not illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

kevbyrne wrote: »

i'm not an expert, or in the airsoft "community", nor have i ever even taken part in an airsoft event, but get over to wikipedia and stop relying on joe duffy for information.

kevbyrne wrote: »

they are not "pelot" or even pellet guns, they are airsoft guns and yes they are 100% legal once their power is under 1 Joule as set out in the criminal justice bill, august 2006

for more information, see the stickies on the airsoft forum

Advertisement