Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V lebanon WC qualifier

• 02-11-2007 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a score for this one? Cant believe I'm sitting in Leeds and couldn't make it to the game.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Just realised is on sky sports 3...

Half Time Score: Leb 4 Ire 12

Good display from ireland, squandering possession tho, too many turnovers. Neat forward display, but the Leb look dangerous on the break.All getting a bit tasty too, v. physical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Is E Griffith playing? My sister wont let me watch!

Dont know jeapy, will keep me eyes peeled. 10-12 to Ireland, under huge pressure at the moment

Thanks! Ive been looking up the net for a list of the team but no good! He played in New Zealand in May and against England in June so it'd be nice to see him on tv...if she'd ever turn the channel! :mad:

• Advertisement

No sign of him I'm afraid, bloody hell its a close affair. ireland just levelled at 16 all. If it stays this way we'll qualify...

Ireland through to the WC in Oz! Fair play, a filthy dirty game, bloody lebanese, honestly, we spend twenty years over there stopping 'em murderin the bejaysus out of each other an how do they repay us? By trying to decapitate any Wolfhound who came near em...

Too much turnover ball, and poor discipline nearly cost us dear, but good to see the homegrown lads having a good game..

Well all we've got to do is get out of our group and we'll top the union boys....

yay brill! Thanks for the update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Twas a close call - I thought that decision to take the penalty to go 14-10 up was going to cost us dearly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

great stuff, nice to see them in the WC.

Aussies will win it comfortably IMO.

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Aussies will win it comfortably IMO.

Hard to see beyond them alright specially with home advantage, wouldn't write England off though, think the standard of the super league game has risen considerably over the past couple of years, and key playmakers like McGuire and Burrow are, imo, as good a anything the aussies got...

Three horse race at best, p'haps the kiwis can pull off a tri-nations style shock. Reckon tomorrow's game in Hull could be good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

speaking of england have you seen the group they've been drawn into??

tough stuff

ours ain't too bad

Yep, think we could trump the union boys and qualify out of our group!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

toomevara wrote: »
    Yep, think we could trump the union boys and qualify out of our group!

theres certinly a good chance!

here's hoping!!

Advertisement