Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commemorative Plates

• 02-11-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

As there are quite a lot of commemorative plates out there I thought I start posting some from my collection.

First one is an original WWI-WWII plate of the 3. Jäger Kompanie 10 Infanterie Regiment from Dresden

3jaegermu1.th.jpg

This one is also an original commemorating the march of German soldiers into the 'supposed' de-militarised zone of the Saarland thereby claiming back that part of Germany which was occupied by the French after WWI. The text below the date when this event happened reads: The Saar is German

deutschsaarzf8.th.jpg

This is a more recent plate commemorating the 50th anniversary by the Truppenkameradschaft (Troups comradeship: after the war diverse regiments formed their fraternities to meet up again after coming home from prisoner-of-war camps) of the SS-Heimwehr Danzig (SS-Home Defence Danzig). The SS-Heimwehr Danzig only existed for a couple of months during 1939 while fighting the Polish in Danzig and Westprussia together with the Landespolizei Regiments in Danzig. The first shot of WWII was fired by the Schleswig-Holstein, a schooling ship for the Kriegsmarine, which was lying in the harbour of Danzig. The SS-Heimwehr Danzig unit was disbanded a couple of months after the fighting for Poland was over and integrated into the 3. SS Panzer Division Totenkopf.
    The picture on the plate shows the Gauleiter of Danzig, Albert Forster, presenting the commandant of the SS-Heimwehr Danzig, Hans Goetze, with the units own flag.

heimwehr50yb4.th.jpg

Advertisement