Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for good band covers to do.

Options
  • 02-11-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm in need of any suggestions of good (and maybe different) covers for a pop/rock band to do.

Trying to think of maybe a song that you could change and make it your own...A song with a high voice too...Like ideas would be:

Like a Pill - Pink
    Hit me baby one more time - Britney
    Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus (although that wouldn't be different from what Wheatus do)
    Video Killed the Radio Star

Basically a song that if its normally a girls song it would be cool and sound different to do or else a good pop rock song...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Try cover this:

The audience would be mightily impressed, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

How the f*ck can anyone headbang and play at that speed at the same time??

As for the original question. Nothing. Write yer own stuff, there's too many cover versions plagueing us with the likes of the Cack factor and all. If you can't write anything, find someone who can and get em to write it for you. But at least try and contribute something new to the music industry? Might stop it from dying ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Try cover this:
    The audience would be mightily impressed, I'm sure.

Come on now, KH....it's obvious from the man's choices that he wants to do something sweet and melodic.....something that would cure whatever sickness ails you......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Hey,
    We are doing originals, we have loads of them to choose from for a 30 minute set but we want to pick one cover to do as the crowd will mostly be new and it would be something they are familiar with. That's what I'm asking for.

No one wants to make recommendations regarding low-talent plastic pop idols like Britney, Debbie Gibson, or Tiffany, as this might consign them to Musician's Hell.

Now REAL women, on the other hand, I can recommend.

Joni Mitchell, Ann & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry & Blondie, Annie Lennox & the Eurythmics, Bjork, Alanis Morrissette, Kate Pierson & the B-52's, Amy Lee & Evanescence, Bonnie Raitt, Chrissie Hynde & the Pretenders, Grace Slick and Airplane/Starship.

In a more eclectic vein we have Janis Joplin, Kate Bush, Rickie Lee Jones, Sandy Denny & Fairport Convention, Annie Haslam & Renaissance, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Maire N'Broainan & Clannad, Enya.

For harder rockin'/metal, check out Pat Benetar, Lita Ford, Wendy O. Williams & the Plasmatics.

In a more "pure pop" (but still listenable) vein, try Nina Hagen or Susanna Hoffs & the Bangles.

Any ideas occurring from these lists? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I can't believe you put Alanis (who once sounded like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, who you tried to avoid!) and Amy Lee in the same sentence as Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox and Debbie Harry! :eek:

I weep for the future ;)

Three words - All About Eve. Julianne Regan's voice is something to behold.
    VR!

I can't believe you put Alanis (who once sounded like Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, who you tried to avoid!) and Amy Lee in the same sentence as Stevie Nicks, Annie Lennox and Debbie Harry! :eek:

Yeah, my 'bins' were a little screwed up in a couple of places, but overall I think I got the idea across.

I think Alanis can be included, since no one would actually know any of her early stuff, thereby making it non-playable for your average pop-loving crowd. And, of course, she DID prove she had talent later on.

Amy Lee? I think she's the best female hard-rock vocalist since Ann Wilson was in her heyday. Big and brassy, yet with great control for softer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

99 luftballons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThousandLeaves

Maybe?

I would strongly advise agianst an ironic Britney cover. Really, just don't.

Maybe?

Wow. That would scare any audience away and make them vow never to attend another concert again. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Ha ha look at this.. And wait till 01:56 I nearly wet myself :D

LOL! Female satanic thrashing doom throat vocals. What'll they think of next? Gotta love it.

Advertisement