Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R32 aollys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

They would look real well I think, is your car lowered??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    They would look real well I think, is your car lowered??

nah not lowered at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you should look into getting lightweight wheels for your car, especially if its one of the lower spec small engines in it, ive seen a load of problems with diffs, clutches etc from fitting larger wheels to them, in particular those replica GTI wheels that weigh a ton.,.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

vtec wrote: »
    you should look into getting lightweight wheels for your car, especially if its one of the lower spec small engines in it, ive seen a load of problems with diffs, clutches etc from fitting larger wheels to them, in particular those replica GTI wheels that weigh a ton.,.

True, but 17'' on a mk4 golf isnt really that big as they have got big arches anyway, i've seen mk4s with 19-20'' wheels. OP if youre putting 17s on it will more than likely look like a tractor with standard suspension..

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    True, but 17'' on a mk4 golf isnt really that big as they have got big arches anyway, i've seen mk4s with 19-20'' wheels. OP if youre putting 17s on it will more than likely look like a tractor with standard suspension..

theres 16s on it now wit a big enough tire so dont think the 17in with low pro tires will make it rise up much.. but if i neeed to lower it i will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

my point was more about the weight of the wheels rather than the size of them, the outer diameter wont change that much but the weight can change a lot.,.
    and also i would look into lowering it aswell, big wheels on standard suspention looks cr*p in my opinion.,;)

vtec wrote: »
    my point was more about the weight of the wheels rather than the size of them, the outer diameter wont change that much but the weight can change a lot.,.
    and also i would look into lowering it aswell, big wheels on standard suspention looks cr*p in my opinion.,;)
    ya will check it out alright when iv the wheels on. cheers

Advertisement