Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flesh tunnels/plugs

Options
  • 02-11-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

thinking about getting plugs but im not sure how permanent theyre gonna be. i like them now but i can see myself wanting them out in a few years (change my mind about stuff all the time)... if it is possible what type of size could i get up to ?

thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The problem with plugs is that the point of no return is different for everyone. Generally I think the point of no return is considered to be 4g/5mm but it's not a guarantee.

What size were you thinking of going to?

My advice would be to hold off for a while if you think you'll want to take them out in a few years time. Stretched ears aren't really considered a temporary thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

once the shape of the ear is dramatically changed you know your screwed, but if you are gonna stretch your ears as gauge said, you really wanna have em. you can get surgery to correct em but dont go in thinking that.
    you can get fake plugs which are normal size ear rings but with big fronts to em....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

If you're already thinking it's a bad idea then don't do it. Do as Wilburt said and maybe try these first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 miccla

i was thinking of going up to about a 10mm. im in college now but the type of job i think im gonna end up in (business) doesn't really look fondly on visable peircings and tattoos and im not so into them that i want to risk having to have surgery to get my ears closed up in the future.... the fake ones look ok but its nice to have the real thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

im in uni too, im doing computery things... most employers dont look too kindly on piercings/tattoos and definetly not stretched piercings.

However, what I have said and will continue to say to potential employers is "my piercings don't effect how I do my job and it shouldnt effect how my coworkers work either" I only say this though because I wont be dealing directly with customers.

If you do stretch to 10mm and take out your plugs or whatever for the evening theyl turn into lil slits which wouldnt be too noticeable at 10mm, but be warned stretching is addictive so you gotta be very strict on yourself if you do decide to stretch up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 miccla

i really think its gonna be necessary to take them out to be honest so i just wanna go up to just under the point of no return. ive heard different sizes 10mm, 6mm, 4 mm but no one seems to know an exact size ?? do you know of anyone that has taken them out ?

Well, this is all anecdotal... anyone I've known that has taken out their plugs has either been really small (4mm or less) and it's closed up to about 1-2mm, or they've had much larger holes (11mm or larger) which have closed up to about 8mm and no further.

Bear in mind, if you're planning to go to about 10mm it could take a year or so.

This thread is a year and four months old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

i had 10mm in before and took them out, and a year later i could slip a 4mm right in.
    but to be honest, the hole was a little bigger but not all that noticeable like Will said.
    But i could be different to you :)

Gauge wrote: »
    This thread is a year and four months old :(
    oops :(

• Advertisement

suzaane wrote: »
    oops :(

Fooled by a zombie thread! For shame! :P

Gauge wrote: »