Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is it with Alfas?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Value for money. I brought a brand new 156 on an 04 plate, I looked at Audi A4's & BMW 3 series. For what i got for what i paid was excellent value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

agreed! and with the alfa used market so depreciated you get so much more in an alfa than similar cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

junkyard wrote: »
    Is it this time of the month already

:DLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I LOVE MY ALFA!!!!! :D

Try one.................you just might like it!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

galwaytt wrote: »
    you mean you're driving a Diesel Alfa at the moment? or is it some other diesel? Reason I ask is that I took a 1.9 Diesel GT out for a spin and I'm well impressed. Pulled even better than my TT. And at 40mpg+, what's not to like?

If you haven't take out a diesel Alfa - or Fiat - 1.9 Diesel - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.....

how was that GT galwaytt?

I'm seriously considering the 1.9 diesel GT next year if I can get the funds together.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Considering the fact that we're quoting journals from across the water , (top gear, channel 4) another "authority" ,Warranty direct have less claims on average against alfas (& fiats for that matter) than brands such as audi and mercedes. Surely this would be a more accurate reflection of a cars relability than the likes of top gear which bases a fair chunck of its results on how polite the dealer has been and how good the dealership looked. (read the reports in the back of the mag).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Lex - shockingly good, actually.

It was (iirc..), Stromboli Grey with Red Leather inside. Wow. And the seats, oh, the seats !!.....oodles and oodles of torque - couldn't fault it. The interior console silver finish, and the air vents............not even close to TT quality, but on the whole, the car is.......better, for me. It has 4 full size, or 5 kinda, seats, and it's diesel, to boot. Other negative for me.......was it's manual. They only do the Selespeed auto in the 2.0 petrol. Call me daft, but for whatever reason, 165bhp isn't quite enough anymore........the 968 has me ruined....

Afterwards, never having driven one, I asked if they had a petrol Selespeed to test, and all they had was a 4yr old 156 2.0, and I took that for a spin. Hilarious - it actually encourages lunatic antics, and adopting the old 'red mist' approach. Not a slush box, for town centres, certainly, but I'd get over that, seeing as it only has 2 pedals. Down changes are hoot - iirc, it even blips the throttle ! - I drove the bollocks off it, and seemed great. That age 156, though, I don't like the dashboard of. Facelifted ones have a much nicer one.

Yep, I think it's time to try Italian - my last one was a 1.8 Giulietta saloon, which I loved dearly, and was an absolute peach. That car got me in so much trouble !!:D :D:D

So, if you'd like to try a 968, give me a buzz in March ;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    That age 156, though, I don't like the dashboard of. Facelifted ones have a much nicer one.
    There were 2 types of dash in the original 156. If you opted for the Sport Pack which I got it came with black clocks & red numerals and the carbon fibre centre console. I have yet to come across a nicer looking combination until I saw the interior of the GT Monza

ciarsd wrote: »

Ciarsd, the interior of the Monza ia absolutely beautiful. I'm not a fan of Alfas white clocks, so when I saw that the Monza had black ones, it made me smile. AFAIK, the Blackline in the UK is almost identical to the Monza over here apart from 1 or 2 extras they through in.
    Did you get a choice of seat colours in your Monza or what was available? The Blackline comes with black leather with red stitching but the only problem is it is only available in Black

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

For those with new-ish Alfa's - can the display be switched between miles & km. Obviously the dials will be fixed but I'm considering importing from UK and wouldn't mind switching being able to switch everything else to km. Not a big deal - just wondering..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    There were 2 types of dash in the original 156. If you opted for the Sport Pack which I got it came with black clocks & red numerals and the carbon fibre centre console. I have yet to come across a nicer looking combination until I saw the interior of the GT Monza

I have the carbon center console on my 156. Looks class IMO, far better then the fake wood dash on some cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

astraboy wrote: »
    I have the carbon center console on my 156. Looks class IMO, far better then the fake wood dash on some cars.

I had the CF dash as well, it looks quite well - though the wood dash in the 156 isn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

I've the silver facelift interior in mine, love it! such a nice place to sit :D

alfagtatrshdash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

siralfalot wrote: »

alfagtatrshdash.jpg

That's nicer again! My mate the same in his - really nice place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

zing wrote: »
    For those with new-ish Alfa's - can the display be switched between miles & km. Obviously the dials will be fixed but I'm considering importing from UK and wouldn't mind switching being able to switch everything else to km. Not a big deal - just wondering..

On the 147 (2006) the trip, economy, avg speed etc can be set to km or miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Alfie1 wrote: »

same on my 2003 156

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

same on my 2003 156

Ta - last (only) Alfa I had was a '00 156 and couldn't remember with that. Then again it came with no manuals, etc.. - co. car that I got with just a year left on it's lease and the manuals, log book, etc.. had all been mislaid along the way

alfagtatrshdash.jpg

looks good mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Alfie1 wrote: »

Most cars built in the past 6 or 7 years allow you to switch from miles to km anbd vice versa for fuel consumption, miles to empty tank etc, it doesn't matter whether the speedo is calibrated in miles or kilometres, and some even allow you to switch the mileometer from km to miles and vice versa too. Like this Passat, with its km/h speedo and mileometer in miles.

Though virtually all cars with the mph speedo show all the info in miles and virtually all cars with km/h speedos show all the data in km, so I guess most people either don't know or aren't bothered about which units the car is displaying the info in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

alfagtatrshdash.jpg

Don't want to sound like I'm raining on your Alfa, but I've yet to see one of those interiors that actually fits together properly. From a distance they look great, but up close is a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ... I have yet to come across a nicer looking combination until I saw the interior of the GT Monza

Ciarsd, the interior of the Monza ia absolutely beautiful. I'm not a fan of Alfas white clocks, so when I saw that the Monza had black ones, it made me smile. AFAIK, the Blackline in the UK is almost identical to the Monza over here apart from 1 or 2 extras they through in.
    Did you get a choice of seat colours in your Monza or what was available? The Blackline comes with black leather with red stitching but the only problem is it is only available in Black

There were choices alright - 4 colour combinations at the time (last december) on the Monza only. I went for the black and red leather with red stitching and detailing as I thought it looked classy and a little different. My previous one was just black and was a little plain & lost, I thought. I believe the black and red combo. is not offered anymore. Closest you can get is black with red stitching as you've mentioned, but again only on a blackline model.

This is exactly like mine:
    BL_Plancia-GT2_RID.jpg

BL_Sedili_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

cjt156 wrote: »
    Facelifted 147 is an abomination! Looks so wimpish after the original.
    Agreed on the 145; lovely looker, much more so than the 146.

Gotta disagree (kinda)

All 147 models are fantastic looking cars, just got rid of mine today 2002 (non facelift model) as it was simply too unreliable, I had the Selespeed box which decided when and when not to work, never took the driver into account! :p

Still, I almost cried to give her up .... I stuck with it far longer thanI would have with any other car which gave me so many problems ... finally the fact that the gearbox had to be replaced was the last straw ... she had to go :(

Anyhow - I stll recommend the car .... absolutely fantastic drive, the power and control for a 2.0 FF car was superb .... even with an auto box. I loved it I loved it I loved it .... even had the pearlesent paint to boot which really sexed it up more ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

cjt156 wrote: »
    Lovely
    Alfa_145_Quadrifoglio.jpg

i am not a fan of your bananna :D

Here is my 146 (for sale BTW) and ill post up my GTV later on.

kendotraining_oct07_407.jpg

and

kendotraining_oct07_403.jpg

No Contest :rolleyes:

More pics here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=38577&cat=all

Advertisement