Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

north/west dublin versus south dublin

Options
  • 02-11-2007 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

which is better?

Comments

East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fancy a tin opener for that can of worms :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Better in what sense exactly? Tastier, prettier, bigger, smaller, smellier, better houses, nearest the sea, better schools, better pubs, better threads on boards....................................................

I suggest that this thread may provide your answer if you're prepared to believe the opinions of the posters:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239905

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

deswalsh wrote: »
    Better in what sense exactly? Tastier, prettier, bigger, smaller, smellier, better houses, nearest the sea, better schools, better pubs, better threads on boards....................................................

I suggest that this thread may provide your answer if you're prepared to believe the opinions of the posters:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239905

better in the overall sense of where are the people the best, the most money, least crime, snobs etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i believe no 'side' of dublin is better or worse than the other. there are poor areas on the southside and poor areas on the northside and wealthy areas on the northside and wealthy areas on the southside. the north is poor south is rich steroetype is very childish and outdated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

utick wrote: »
    better in the overall sense of where are the people the best, the most money, least crime, snobs etc etc.

OK thats West so, cos its where I am. I am a better class of person, I've sufficient money, I dont do crime, and last but never least I am one of the most snobby people you could meet.

To answer your question slightly more seriously, there are possibly more rich people on the south side compared to north, but that doesnt make them better people. Crime is farily evenly distributed all over Dublin. Snobs are everywhere. There is always someone you can look down your nose at if you think about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Myth wrote: »
    East.

I agree.

Advertisement