Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted trailer

Options
  • 02-11-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

sweet dear jesus has anyone seen this? (go to you tube) its unbelievable, its absolutely nothing to do with the comic i mean why even make a film thats SOOOO loosely based on the comic, i mean the whole premise is gone , its now about hero assassins as opposed to a world of super villians, 90% of the characters are gone, the only ones remaining is Wesley Gibson (whos now some dark haired bloke) and Fox (whos now white) i mean for **** sake like,
    ****in bastard Hollywood wrecking the best comic to come out in years and **** Mark Millar for being such a sell out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Pity I rather like Bekmambetovs work but I hadn't very high hopes for this project after I saw Platt was producing - the guy is most famous for producing legal blonde for fecks sake - and it went through four screenwriters.

It won't be the first comic turned into a film that had very little to do with the source. I'm still pissed over the film adaption of Blueberry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, if Millar is happy to sell the rights to the comic into an adaptation that's s total hatchet job, then technically it's his right. It's still a shame though - while I tend to feel that a bit of tweaking to a story or setting can be good to keep an adaptation interesting, there's a certain amount of the core concept that must be preserved if you want it to be an adaptation worth a damn.

There again, having not read Wanted, I won't be able to say much about the trailer for the film when I do see it. Not the biggest fan of Millar's anyway, but I can understand how frustrating it is to see bad adaptations of good source material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The basic premise is fairly similar to be fair. they just dropped the superhero aspect which I dont personally think would work in a move anyway. People want their superhero movies to be about characters they know. And all wanted's characters were based on current DC and Marvel heroes and villians anyway so theres no way the production company could have gone with it. I will say this though, Jolie is looking mighty unattractive in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I will Say I'm gona miss ****wit,****head,Johnny Two-Dicks and Doll Master who I think had the best moment in the run.
    Millar a Sell out. I am shocked by this. He's making money off something he's created.
    So Millar sold the Rights to this a long time ago and it has seen many incarnations over the years. My Favourite was the one where they were suppose to be Gods. Millar has gotten involved with it in a Lets go to the set and look at stuff way. I don't believe he's had any real influence over it atall.

If it's as bad as LXG then I'll be sorry for viewing. But it could be an enjoyable movie if outside the comicbook version.

But the comic movie of the year is still gona be the Tony Stark Movie.

MarkHall wrote: »
    But the comic movie of the year is still gona be the Tony Stark Movie.

I shall disagree and say its Persepolis - granted I'm biased cus I'm an animator and its an animated film but its also been directed by Marjane Satrapi based on her own graphic novel - a more direct transition from print to screen I can't think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

ztoical wrote: »
    I shall disagree and say its Persepolis - granted I'm biased cus I'm an animator and its an animated film but its also been directed by Marjane Satrapi based on her own graphic novel - a more direct transition from print to screen I can't think of.

That will be a DVD or internet rip for me. I don't think it'll be shown anywhere outside the IFI over here.It does look enjoyable. You seen the Teaser yet?

MarkHall wrote: »
    That will be a DVD or internet rip for me. I don't think it'll be shown anywhere outside the IFI over here.It does look enjoyable. You seen the Teaser yet?

I've actually seen most of the film but as a pencil test. I spent the last 12 months working on an animated feature film here in kilkenny and a number of the french animators working on it had just finished working on Persepolis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Extreemly dissapointed by the wanted trailer as well.
    Here is the wiki.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanted_%282008_English_film%29

It has some Mark Millar comments. Which are even more upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

nicolo wrote: »
    sweet dear jesus has anyone seen this? its absolutely nothing to do with the comic i mean why even make a film thats SOOOO loosely based on the comic

Haha you know, I remember a film based on a comic book I liked, although I was too young to remember when it came out first I remember the first time I saw George Lucas 1986 film adaptation of Howard the Duck.

I hate to be the one to say this, but Howard the Duck was not a childrens comic, and that film just took one of the best 70s comics out there and pissed on its name. Its only now, after years of minor guest apperances in She Hulk and the like, that Howard is getting back his old glory and is not seen as the joke he has been for the last 20 years

Advertisement