Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill O' Reilly

Options
  • 02-11-2007 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

I have a signed copy of his book coming through my door. I got my e-mail read out on his show...a darn proud moment I might add.

Just thought I should share it...related to politics somewhat? The content of the letter was basically sucking up to him(I had that book in mind)

..I firmly believe the left is responsible for the negative image of America throughout Europe. The left would lead people to believe that the Bush administarion is the omnipresent bully. These are simply lies, fabricated by left-wing loons determined to destroy America. Many Europeans have fallen victim to this propaganda, and is very damaging. I am glad that I have an interest in the factor as without it I would have been one of these people jumping on the anti-American bandwagon.

Keep up the good work O' Reilly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

left-wing loons determined to destroy America.

that just smacks of regurgitated propaganda to be honest. the facts about the Bush administration speak for themselves, I don't need anyone to interpret them for me thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What facts? The fact he went to Iraq, to rid the people of Iraq and the World of a tyrant?

The left of America want Bush to fail..badly. I'm not exactly pro-war, but these people out marching the streets to protest something without any valid grounds... is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Bloody hell - excellent troll.

Damn, I spoiled it.

Could do better though. Needling responses like so...
    the facts about the Bush administration speak for themselves

I agree, Bush has tripled aid to Africa during his presidency and undoubtedly his legacy will be that of a major ally in the war against poverty and deprivation in Africa, a continent long the victim of oppression and colonialism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Troll? This is a political thread right? I transcribed my e-mail to O' Reilly and put it here...for a thing I call a discussion. Are you calling me a troll because I said liberals are destroying America?

What facts? The fact he went to Iraq, to rid the people of Iraq and the World of a tyrant?

The left of America want Bush to fail..badly. I'm not exactly pro-war, but these people out marching the streets to protest something without any valid grounds... is wrong.

H_Blix_HIRES.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

I have a signed copy of his book coming through my door. I got my e-mail read out on his show...a darn proud moment I might add....

Was that the one about a lecturer making you watch his show?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Sand wrote: »
    I agree, Bush has tripled aid to Africa during his presidency and undoubtedly his legacy will be that of a major ally in the war against poverty and deprivation in Africa, a continent long the victim of oppression and colonialism.

ok while looking for figures to illustrate the proportion of military credits that constitutes American developmental aid to the region i stumbled across this:
    The new request also proposes only 200 million dollars in FY 2005 for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, the multilateral facility designed to quickly disburse assistance to deserving projects at the local and national level.

Congress last year approved 550 million dollars to the fund despite the administration's objections. (END/2004)

so you'd have to wonder... how much of this increase was due to his administration and not congress?

edit: oh and this
    a full two-thirds of the money for the prevention of the sexual spread of HIV goes to abstinence

that's just daft. sounds like they are funding missionary campaigns more than helping the fight against aids.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Sand, stop accusing people of trolling, you've been around long enough to know the rules.

estebancambias, stop trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement