Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More drug suspensions

• 03-11-2007 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

www.f4wonline.com
    WWE.com announced that DH Smith has been suspended for 30 days and Chris Masters has been suspended for 60. The company had vowed to make all drug testing failures public as of November 1.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wow Harry's WWE start ruined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

wow Harry's WWE start ruined

Like father, like son eh.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

flahavaj wrote: »
    Like father, like son eh.:mad:

I guess we have to wait and see what he actually failed for but that struck me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i can't believe Harry Smith would be so dumb, having seen first hand what it does to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Very early to be caught, he's been with WWE a while I know but 2-3 weeks into his tv career

Masters will be released before he sees out that suspension i'd say, they are saying its his 2nd strike but i thought it was his third?, last year when he came back looking smaller then again recently and now again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Harry! That really surprises me, think he'd know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote: »
    Harry! That really surprises me, think he'd know better.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, in an interview about six months ago, he said he'd do whatever it took.

I guess thats exactly what happened.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow first Teddy acts the clown and now Harry. Let's hope Nattie stays on the straight and narrow.

I think they should give Masters the boot. I don't believe he brings anything to the table and I can't recall one match he's had that's impressed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I feel a bit bad for Chris Masters... when he got off the juice, they ripped the piss out of him on television. Now when he is back on it they ban him... You just can`t win.

On one hand they preach that you should get off steroids or whatever but yet on the other hand if you do just that they will make a joke of you on television thus ruining your credibility. It really is a crazy business.

I have no sympathy for Harry Smith though. You would think after what happened to his family that he would have a bit of cop on. Obviously not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

masters is no loss, they should just get rid,hes never been over,his gimmick was ruined when blandley lashley broke the masterlock and hes crap in the ring, smith should have known better, didnt pay attention to what happened his dad and uncie dynamite no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

woooo232 wrote: »

I have no sympathy for Harry Smith though. You would think after what happened to his family that he would have a bit of cop on. Obviously not..

Completeley agree.What a stupid lad.Master's should get the boot in the next week or two.

woooo232 wrote: »
    I feel a bit bad for Chris Masters... when he got off the juice, they ripped the piss out of him on television. Now when he is back on it they ban him... You just can`t win.

On one hand they preach that you should get off steroids or whatever but yet on the other hand if you do just that they will make a joke of you on television thus ruining your credibility. It really is a crazy business.

Quoted for truth! In fairness though when Masters got off the juice, he lost far too much weight! So much that Super Crazy looked butch by comparison!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

amasing they never found a money maker like betasta hhh edge or even ray on steroids (edges x wife says he was on them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Did Smith not just debut on RAW last week?! That has to be some kind of record!

At least it shows they are taking the drugs ban seriously though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its just as much the WWEs fault as the wrestlers though, they only push guys who have a certain look, and to attain that look the guys have to be on something that enchances their physique, but yet when they get caught doing something that only makes them look how management wants they get suspended, is that really true that Scott Steiner would only have a drug test if they made HHH have one too?

krudler wrote: »
    is that really true that Scott Steiner would only have a drug test if they made HHH have one too?

First I heard of that one. Even Steiner isn't that stupid as he'd probably would have been released on the spot if he'd said that.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From Rajah:
    -- In a 2003 article with SLAM! Wrestling, Harry Smith said that he had never taken steroids. "I've never taken steroids, I don't plan to. I loved my Dad, and yes he made mistakes, but I have learned from them. I won't go down that path," Smith said. The subject of steroids came up again a few years later in May 2006 when the Score out of Canada did a piece on him. He was quoted as saying that he had been living a clean life without the usage of steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I won't assume that it was steroids that Harry Smith was caught for, but if it was then he's not the smartest guy around. Masters should know better too
    First I heard of that one. Even Steiner isn't that stupid as he'd probably would have been released on the spot if he'd said that.

He said it in an RF Video shoot interview

EDIT: WWE are making suspensions public from the 1st of November. Who'd have put money on the first public suspensions happening on the very next day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote: »
    I won't assume that it was steroids that Harry Smith was caught for, but if it was then he's not the smartest guy around.

Id say it would be quite reasonable to assume it was steroids, he looks like he's on steroids anyway. When he was on Hogan knows best, you could really see how big he had gotten. Thats not to say that he's abusing steroids or any other drug for that matter - think what got davy boy and dynamite into trouble was abuse rather than use of steroids, pain killers, and recreational drugs.

You would think that Harry and Masters would be clever enough to get a prescription for it so he could pass the drug test! With the Wellness policy, once you have a doctors prescription, you can take whatever is on that prescription.

Fozzy wrote: »
    EDIT: WWE are making suspensions public from the 1st of November. Who'd have put money on the first public suspensions happening on the very next day?

Who would have thought?!

I thought that they were going to publically name wrestlers who had been suspended back in Aug. aswell? No? :confused:

• Advertisement

I thought that they were going to publically name wrestlers who had been suspended back in Aug. aswell? No? :confused:

Nope, that wouldn't have been fair, mightn't even be legal. When the wrestlers broke the policy their names going public wasn't part of the risk they were taking. It's just anybody from now on

Although...surely if Harry and Masters failed a test, that test would have been taken before November 1st. It must just be whoever's suspended after November 1st is being made public

From PWInsider:
    -- Chris Masters is already talking to people about his latest suspension from WWE. He is telling people that there are reasons for him failing a recent test that aren't his fault. He is saying that it was something leftover in his system from the past. Because this is his second violation of WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy, he will be serving a 60-day suspension. One more violation of the policy calls for automatic termination from the company.

Masters is skating on very thin ice as it is. Especially if he's blabbing about it.
    VR!

Just a bit from PWInsider.com:
    -- What with Harry "D.H." Smith's suspension on Friday night, the "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Harry "D.H." Smith are now the first and only father-son combo to be suspended by World Wrestling Entertainment at one point in their respective careers due to substance abuse violations. Bret Hart revealed in his newly released autobiography Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling that Davey Boy Smith received a six-week suspension in May 1992 for testing positive for steroids. Hart also notes in his book that McMahon was forced to fire Smith (and the Ultimate Warrior) in November 1992 for receiving shipments of growth hormone from a dealer in the U.K. who had just been busted.

Yep, remember those as clear as day. Yet Davey Boy was practically rewarded when he got back. He was stuck in a meaningless feud with Repo Man before his suspension, then got pushed into the Summerslam IC title picture with Bret (which was originally meant for Shawn) when he got back. Yep, this sort of sh*t happened long before Randy Orton, folks :)

Bulldog was then on notice at the end of October, dropping the IC belt to Shawn at SNME on his way out, meanwhile Warrior was fired on the spot about four days before Survivor Series (he was meant to be tagging with Savage) and Hennig was drawn in as a last minute replacement as he was still waiting on his Lloyds of London policy to come through.

VR!

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Harry Smith is currently serving a 30 day suspension for his first violation of WWE's Wellness Policy. What makes this story even more disturbing is that Harry Smith's failed drug test occured before he made his WWE television debut.

According to Dave Meltzer, sources have corroborated that Harry Smith failed a drug test for steroids, while in developmental, on September 13th. Smith made his RAW debut over a month later on October 22, wrestled on RAW the following week and was not suspended until November 2nd.

No word on why WWE waited 6 weeks to officially announce Smith's suspension.

I'd heard someone mentioning that maybe WWE had held off on his suspension until they were able to make the names public so that they could make an example out of him. Was September 13th the day he was tested or the day the results were given though? The way that piece reads, I wouldn't be surprised if Meltzer just reported in the newsletter that Harry was tested on the 13th of September and suspended on the 2nd of November, and whoever wrote that piece jumped to their own conclusions. Drug testing for UFC events usually takes about two weeks, maybe WWE's drug testing isn't the highest priority thing Aegis Labs do

Advertisement