Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.dealextreme.com

Options
  • 03-11-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi
    Did anyone ever shop in www.dealextreme.com ? how's ur experience? I seem some cool stuffs from there, not sure if it is safe to shop there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I bought once off these guys. No problems. Paid extra for quicker delivery. Check out bargains alerts for a thread about these guys.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055075214

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi
    Did anyone ever shop in www.dealextreme.com ? how's ur experience? I seem some cool stuffs from there, not sure if it is safe to shop there.

Thanks

Yep, I had the same issue as you. Sent two small orders to them for watches and a phone charger. Got them in about 2 wks. They send from Hong Kong. Marked the green customs "gifts". No bother there. Traded with them in Sept. Note they trade in the unalmighty dollar, which is particularly good news at present. And, yes, the stuff is still working !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

did a good bit of business with these, idont bother with paying quicker delivery its not that much better most of the mp4 players etc are rubbish but a lot of the stuff can be good

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnsheehy

They are great, very cheap but go for the better shipping as it takes ages otherwise.

www.sourcinggate.com is a good place for phones, mp3 players etc

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

The Wii accessories are sell in the website, can they be used for Wii in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The-Baron

johnsheehy wrote: »
    www.sourcinggate.com is a good place for phones, mp3 players etc

Really? The site looks really dodgy and I don't recognise any of the brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnsheehy

Well they're knock offs like. But fantastic quality, just bought the icool c92 dual sim phone. Great piece of equiptment.

But you'll have to pay VAT as they're not marked as gifts like dealextreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

I've bought from dealextreme.com twice (Micro SD card readers) and have had a great experience both times.

Unfortunately I lost and drove over my purchases pretty quickly so I can't comment on long term reliability. The beauty was they were so cheap it doesn't bother me that I lost them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

johnsheehy wrote: »
    Well they're knock offs like. But fantastic quality, just bought the icool c92 dual sim phone. Great piece of equiptment.

But you'll have to pay VAT as they're not marked as gifts like dealextreme.

How much vat did you have to pay on that john?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW I got two weird emails from them this morning saying that they had received my paypal funds but did not know what item I had ordered. They asked me to send on an order number. The email came from a @gmail.com account and was in bad broken english. :confused:
    I sent the mail on to dealextreme support and asked them if it was a scam. No reply yet

EDIT: Reply received "This is a confirmed PayPal bug. It happens when your first attempt to checkout was declined by your bank, and your second attempt went through. When this happens, the shopping cart becomes missing on PayPal's side, and thus the receipts don't have anything listed on them." Seems to be legit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 icooldo

icooldo please confirm to me via PM that you have nothing to do with this company as this is a strange first post.

Many thanks
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Have ben buying stuff from dealextrene for years. Used to pay by CC then switched to paypal when they supported it.
    Generally only takes a little over a week for the free postage option. Great value site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 freddyboy

Hi, DX is my favorite site!
    Using it a lot.
    BTW, you can use the guy from the site bellow for more dealextreme information, he is assisting a log, (not sure if he is one of them...:rolleyes:)
    www.dxfact.com

Advertisement