Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microsoft visual web developer - PHP

Options
  • 03-11-2007 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

am looking to upgrade my html editor ( html kit ) to something that i can work a bit faster with - had a try of visual webdeveloper and i love the way you can drag elements like forms and buttons and images right onto the page and then view them in wysiwyg - but as far as i know the program will only take code in VB and C#. Really for the moment i will be sticking with php. Is there a program out there that can handle drag and drop with wysiwyg and understand php. Closest i came was coffee cup but you can only drag into the code area, which is not as good as web developer IMO. I'd say dreamweaver would probably do it but it's out of my budget unless i could get one second hand or something.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

dreamweaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I second that or PHP Designer 2007

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I haven't used DW to create PHP code. Is it bloated and messy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

probably, i use it more for asp classic and .net more than anything else so i wouldn't really know what would qualify as bloated for php!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I use DW more as a notepad. I cann't even remember how to use all the adds-on and what you call it? behaviours.

I got used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

i know dreamweaver $$$$$ ---- well i will ask santy !
    actually discovered NAMO since making this post (E79) and it seems great; however i am now thinking of using joomla quite extensively so i will need something that can be used with that and i havent tried NAMO with it yet.
    i know that NVU has a joomla interface of some kind but i hate the way it does a couple of things ( constantly resizing tables i think was one of my gripes )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I generally use Dreamweaver on code view. I find its auto-complete for function names etc. quite useful and can speed things along for me.

I would not reccomend using the design view or behavours etc. for it. I code everything myself and generally just use DW as a coloured and fancy Notepad.

Advertisement