Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - new album

• 03-11-2007 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

"Ire Works", the highly anticipated upcoming new album by The Dillinger Escape Plan is available for streaming in its entirety over at their official MySpace page. The band's third full-length album is set to be released on November 13th through Relapse Records.

havent listened to it yet, but cant wait!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ah damn it was originally pencilled in for release today (well, next monday, but no store abides by that rule)...

dying for it. the one track i heard on myspace sounded a lot more old school as opposed to miss machine... which excited me, a lot. haven't listened to anything else as i don't want to ruin the album for myself.

though i still hope they get back with patton for another EP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

(well, next monday, but no store abides by that rule)...

It's not that they don't abide by the rule it's just that the rule is different in Ireland, release dates are always on a Friday so they tend to release albums the Friday before the UK/Europe release date. It's to do with when the charts are compiled, albums are released on the day that will have the longest between release and chart compilation in order to maximise chart positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

John wrote: »
    It's not that they don't abide by the rule it's just that the rule is different in Ireland, release dates are always on a Friday so they tend to release albums the Friday before the UK/Europe release date. It's to do with when the charts are compiled, albums are released on the day that will have the longest between release and chart compilation in order to maximise chart positions.

way to ruin the dream there john. i thought we were rebelling against the corporate music machine, through HMV, tower etc. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

The entire album is available to listen to on the band's Myspace page. Sound bloody good too, better than MM imo.

way to ruin the dream there john. i thought we were rebelling against the corporate music machine, through HMV, tower etc. :p

I AM JOHN, DREAM RUINER AND KEEPER OF THE SACRED GLOCKENSPIEL!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Personally, I dislike this band

That's allowed. I haven't head anything by them in a long time, I like what I have and they were great live when I saw them but definitely not a band that will ever be a mainstream hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

The new album sounds great.

Advertisement