Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vrt on cat d salvage cars

Options
  • 03-11-2007 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Is vrt less on salvage cars (cat d)?
    Its an 05 Audi A6(English car) with frontal damage.
    I calculated the vrt on the revenue website, it was around 11k if it was a normal car but is vrt less on salvage cars

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

VRT is calculated on the open market selling price, so obviously the value of a damaged car is lower, so yes, the VRT is lower. You won't know by how much until someone from the VRO sees it and puts a value on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

VRT is the same as if it was not a CatD you might make the savings in buying it but expect to pay the same vrt as one bought with no crash damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

you need to pay the full vrt cost, then you can appeal afterwords, afaik theres no way of finding out how much you'll get back :(

As I said in my first post the condition of the car is taken into account when paying the VRT. Just as extras will cost you more, damage will cost you less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

The condition IS taken into account .. however they usually value the car more than you'd wish they did! I think they have a set discount that they can't go below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Not what I was told when trying to vrt a car enquired about condition but if a car is repaired they don't give a toss cause they judge it as if it was in A1 condition cause if that was the case we would all bring in cars and strip them out and then go and vrt them

NBar wrote: »
    if a car is repaired they don't give a toss cause they judge it as if it was in A1 condition
    The OP said it has frontal damage.

Advertisement