Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Pro Street - PC Demo is up

Options
  • 03-11-2007 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

A new spin on the Need for Speed franchise, ProStreet thrusts players into a head-to-head competition against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown. It also pushes the "Autosculpt" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance.

The minimum PC system requirements for Need for Speed Pro Street are the following:
    Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista
    Processor: 2.8 GHz for Windows XP; 3.0 GHz for Windows Vista
    Memory: 512 MB RAM for Windows XP; 1GB RAM for Windows Vista
    Hard Drive: 8.1 GB
    Optical Drive: 8x DVD drive (Europe) / CD drive (North America
    Graphic Card: 128 MB or higher (Pixel Shader 2.0, AGP and PCIe only)
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Online Multiplayer: Internet Connection 512 Kbps, 2-8 Players
    Input: Keyboard, Mouse
    http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/NFS/prostreet/nfsps_pcdemo.exe 
    ftp://159.153.197.74/pub/demos/NFS/prostreet/nfsps_pcdemo.exe 
    ftp://159.153.229.71/pub/demos/NFS/prostreet/nfsps_pcdemo.exe 
    ftp://159.153.197.99/pub/demos/NFS/prostreet/nfsps_pcdemo.exe 
    http://files.filefront.com/NFSProStreet+Demoexe/;8950492;/fileinfo.html 
    http://www.fileplanet.com/182107/download/Need-for-Speed-ProStreet-Demo 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

played the ps3 demo yesterday. absolutely awful. it looks very "meh" (where the original NFSU looked great on ps2) and controlling the cars feels more like you're giving a helpful suggestion (as yahtzee would say) rather then actually being in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

gamershell.com have it, although I just took up the last slot on their Irish server :D

http://www.gamershell.com/download_21822.shtml

Going to give this a go. Loved Most Wanted (in fact i'm reinstalling it today to play some more multiplayer) HATED, with a passion, Carbon, too many needless body sculpting features and not enough gameplay. in MW you genuinely felt the police where chasing you down where as in Carbon you could just take a left turn and the police would just give up chasing you.

I'm HOPING Pro Street can bring the series back to its feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Hmm, heard nothing but really bad things about this on every forum I've been so I'll be avoiding.

Thought they might end up with something decent with the change in direction, guess not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

gave it a shot there this morning...graphics are best ive seen in tha need for speed series..every thing on high and some aa...everything looked good...sound was also very good..

and then the gameplay..the controllling is a bit wierd tbh...not like the old nfs games..more realistic..not sure if that is a good or bad thing..

no customisation or drag,drift races in the demo..only grip and speed...the car also steers to the right all the time while racing..seeing more of an impact when going faster..not sure if this is a bug..or something they put in to make the cars harder to control :(

its annoying anyway..hope it isnt there in the release..gonna be getting this for the ps3 anyway not the pc..but the pc looks good..

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its very meh

Graphics are mediocre, menu is horrible......

Was looking forward to this...

Wonder what Sega Rally Revo is like?

• Advertisement

ugh... how crap is that demo. So they've removed all the illegal street driving, so now its like any other racing game. The main reason I liked the NFS series was that you where given a world to drive in and you'd get chased by the cops. The driving was always not the best but at least it was fun.

Now they've made it just your average racing game, like PGR or GT, where you race on a track then move onto the next one and complete it. I'll probably pick this game up, but I won't be giving EA any money for it if this demo is the best I can expect.. ;)

Also where'd the bullet time go? It was one of my favourite features from Most Wanted (although they made it way too sensitive in Carbon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

L31mr0d wrote: »
    ugh... how crap is that demo. So they've removed all the illegal street driving, so now its like any other racing game. The main reason I liked the NFS series was that you where given a world to drive in and you'd get chased by the cops. The driving was always not the best but at least it was fun.

Now they've made it just your average racing game, like PGR or GT, where you race on a track then move onto the next one and complete it.

Sadly, I have to agree completely with your assessment, Pro Street looks like a real snoozefest. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

From Ign
    "Need for Speed ProStreet is a disappointing effort in a franchise that has generally been rather solid. It sort of feels like EA is starting over again, leaving the open-world aspects to other games like its own Burnout Paradise, but is seems like Black Box didn't know what to do with what was left. It could have still been a decent game had the cars driven well, but unfortunately their performance is shoddy. Car lovers will find something to like here due to the customization options, but Need for Speed has certainly seen better days."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

damn it, have Juiced 2 but not too impressed, i was really looking forward to NFS. had my 2 trade in games all sorted for next week but by the sounds of the reviews and the ps3 demo i played its lost what made it different.
    i enjoyed both undergrounds and loved most wanted, as someone said it was a huge adrenaline rush trying to get away from the law. carbon was so short, i completed it in 2 rental nights and was as instantly forgetable. hopefully it will sell poorly forcing them to look back at the most wanted format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

5/10 from EG.
    Sadly it will still outsell some of the other gems that have been released recently, thanks to Johnny Chav and his mates deeming it an essential purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

tman wrote: »
    5/10 from EG.
    Sadly it will still outsell some of the other gems that have been released recently, thanks to Johnny Chav and his mates deeming it an essential purchase.

rofl! so true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So it's basically like some of the previous series? NFS2, and NFS:MW were cool, as you'd get chased by the cops. The rest: meh. Great fun, but not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suicidal

ok i would like to first start off by saying the title of this new nfs game clearly shows me it is nothing but real racing and not street racing, of course i run in the pro street drag bracket at my local drag strip so i can comprehend this, second.... there has been other nfs games that people said was bad, clearly they were not if everyone keeps coming back for more, i have not yet seen the nfsps but i will pick up a copy as soon as i can, and by the way most of the illegal street racing that was taking place is now dead in the real world anyways thanks to the fast n the furious movies that got into kids heads that it was cool to blow nos and try to outrun the cops with it....... of course i have all the nfs games for pc so this new one will be a sweet addition to my collection

suicidal wrote: »
    ok i would like to first start off by saying the title of this new nfs game clearly shows me it is nothing but real racing and not street racing, of course i run in the pro street drag bracket at my local drag strip so i can comprehend this, second.... there has been other nfs games that people said was bad, clearly they were not if everyone keeps coming back for more, i have not yet seen the nfsps but i will pick up a copy as soon as i can, and by the way most of the illegal street racing that was taking place is now dead in the real world anyways thanks to the fast n the furious movies that got into kids heads that it was cool to blow nos and try to outrun the cops with it....... of course i have all the nfs games for pc so this new one will be a sweet addition to my collection

start as you mean to go on I guess :D good first post ;)

check further down the games forum page, there's another thread about NFSPS. I think if people give it a chance they will like as much if not more than the previous NFS games. The main gripe is how Prostreet is no longer set in an open world to drive around, but the different racing modes and tracks more than make up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

suicidal wrote: »
    it was cool to blow nos and try to outrun the cops with it

and there was me thinking games were supposed to be fun and let you do things you couldn't in real life. best stop assassinating people in AC in case i try to stick a pen in someones neck later today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Every single one of the NFS games has lacked weapons on the cars.

SyxPak wrote: »
    Every single one of the NFS games has lacked weapons on the cars.

lol, thats exactly what my friend asked me in work when I said I was playing NFS. The first thing he asked was "So what weapons can you install on your car?"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I fired up Midnight CLub 3 dub edition last night.
    It's a carbon clone of NFS.
    The games have gotten exceptionally boring of late.
    Weapons are the salvation.
    Mashed up-close.

SyxPak wrote: »
    I fired up Midnight CLub 3 dub edition last night.
    It's a carbon clone of NFS.
    The games have gotten exceptionally boring of late.
    Weapons are the salvation.
    Mashed up-close.

I'd be all for that, kind of like a cross between Hard Truck: Apocalypse, NFS and Road Rash...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This was prob one of the worst demos I've played recently, it seems so boring and sorta makes carbon look great lol

Nick

• Advertisement

well since nfs underground i have seen that ea actually started cloning other games, the whole open world racing/customizing cars actually started on an older game called Street Legal, but this game didn't make it that big because of nfs, there was better cars and more possibilities with sl than nfs, like putting a v12 in a car that resembled a late 80's nissan sentra, or a supra from the early 90's, not to mention you could actually change the rims, tires, parts of the engine, in a garage instead of an automatic click and it is on the car with no other options at all, if no one has seen this game i would suggest finding a copy of it and trying it out, yea i admit the graphics aren't that great but the game was fun for me, they have street legal and street legal 2 the first one i think was the best the second was a bit weird after playing the first one, and i have yet to play this nfsps demo still but when i get a chance imma build a new pc to actually play it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Having played the demo myself I have to say I wasn't impressed with it, thats not to say it's not a good game. In my opinion the game should of just been called Pro Street instead of having NFS attached to as it certainly isn't in the same league as previous NFS games such as Underground, Most Wanted & Carbon.
    To be honest I think if your a Ridge Racer fan you'd enjoy this game more.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Having played the demo myself I have to say I wasn't impressed with it, thats not to say it's not a good game. In my opinion the game should of just been called Pro Street instead of having NFS attached to as it certainly isn't in the same league as previous NFS games such as Underground, Most Wanted & Carbon.

like I said before, please don't judge this game by the demo. I too hated the demo, but the full game is 100 times better.

hellboy99 wrote: »

now the earlier nfs games wasn't even close to what underground, most wanted, and carbon actually is, the best nfs game i have played so far has been the need for speed porsche unleashed (porsche 2000 in some places) and i think it was just because they done a good job of getting almost every porsche car ever made into the game or at least every porsche that was in the beginning era, i just think that people are just expecting more from games, but most of everything everyone is expecting from newer games has already been done, the gaming industry are running out of newer things to add into games so of course they will eventually throw out the few things that makes games the same as the rest just to try to get a new game and experience to the gamers, but i wouldn't worry because one day someone may just find a way to add on to this game and actually ad the world driving experience like the rest of the newer nfs games, i have the whole nfs collection as i said before up to carbon and i am looking forward to buying pro street to add to that collection

Advertisement