Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Center Restaurant for next Friday

Options
  • 03-11-2007 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I need to book a restaurant for a group of 5 adults and 1 child at about 6.30 next Friday evening.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent restaurant that will cook steaks well-done etc.? No chinese/indian/sushi or anything like that, just good decent food (think elderly country people). Actually if there was a place that does steaks as well as something a bit more exciting like pasta/thai or something, I'd consider something like that as well. The more recommendations the better in case some are booked up.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Coopers near Leeson Street if it is still around.

Gotham Cafe at one of those alley ways off Grafton Street(near HMV)

Venu(spelling?), close to there

Fallon and Byrne

Hope that helps a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Thanks ActorSeeksJob,
    I'll book somewhere this evening.

Anybody any other suggestions or want to second one of these? I have absolutely no clue about Dublin restaurants myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Shack in Temple Bar.
    http://www.shackrestaurant.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

1. Darwins
    2. Town bar and Grill
    3. Luigi Malone

If i think of any more i would let you know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

dame wrote: »

Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent restaurant that will cook steaks well-done etc.?

NO decent restaurant will cook steaks well done!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Coopers near Leeson Street if it is still around.

have to agree coopers is really really nice, i was there about 3 weeks ago, so its still going strong. my date said it was the best fishcake he had ever had

Dobbins off mount street is great as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

1. Darwins
    2. Town bar and Grill
    3. Luigi Malone

If i think of any more i would let you know

Would not recommend Luigi Malone's - nothing but a glorified pizza/burger bar

Haven't been to Coopers myself in years, but used to really like it. There used to be on near RDS near our home, which was handy.

I also second the person who recommended Darwins. Very nice place. Excellent steak, and a near perfect duck.

Thanks a million for all the help guys. I've just booked Darwin's. The menu looks lovely (looked at it online http://www.ireland-guide.com/menu/darwins.5133.4583.html ) and they were fine about a child coming in (not everywhere likes kids, even quiet ones). :)

Degsy wrote: »

Try telling that to my father! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Degsy wrote: »
    They would if there were some sort of epidemic in the livestock. :)

Seriously though, they keep the prices low for the rest of us by helping stock-control since they can give them steaks that have gone off and they won't notice the difference.

Talliesin wrote: »
    they can give them steaks that have gone off and they won't notice the difference.
    :eek:

excellent choice dame

the steaks there are great(although not sure if you get them well done !). you should get the duck breast, wont be disappointed.

Advertisement