Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swift scopes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

hi swift are fair scope don't know how they fair shooting late evening if your stalking deer as i see our putting it on a 243 also that scope is a mildot fine if thats what you want but #4 plex in the norm realy for stalking .....bang Meopta into ebay see if you get a price to suit they are the best for what they cost and work VERY well late evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

hi swift are fair scope don't know how they fair shooting late evening if your stalking deer as i see our putting it on a 243 also that scope is a mildot fine if thats what you want but #4 plex in the norm realy for stalking .....bang Meopta into ebay see if you get a price to suit they are the best for what they cost and work VERY well late evening

Swift are crap ! Buy anything else IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I don't see any price on that link. How much is your scope budget pm.? People may be able suggest an alternative that way. It would also be worth your while ringing around the gunshops to ask after quality second hand scopes like fixed magnification S&B or Swarovski if the budget allows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

Swift are crap ! Buy anything else IMO

Based on what.Hearsay? I know quite a few shooters using Swift scopes on stalking rifles from 22-250,6.5x55 and .270. No problems and good low light capability too.Good value for money scopes and beat Hawke,Tasco,Atlas etc hands down. Not in the same class as Leupold,Swarovski,S&B,Nightforce,Zeiss but don't claim to be and neither do they cost anything close to the above. If on a budget they are hard to beat but if money is not a factor consider the Leupolds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I must agree with John here. Went through this process a few months back. In the end got a Leupold off the web for €490 from the US, got it valued here by the local gunshop at €1200.

Shopping around pays off if you have the time for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Whereabouts did one find such a bargain Kerryman?
    In the market for one myself! Sounds great, what do you have it mounted on, how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Stay away from the low end stuff and have a look at something the likes of www.theriflescopestore.com, you'll get a top end bushnell or a decent Zeiss or Nikon for less than 400 euro... . The chap ships to Europe by US mail for about 25 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

good old boards came to the rescue see the link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055120174

got it from D_R sports in the end - had trouble with some of the others as they wouldnt export outside the US.

I got a 4.5-14x50 with a boone and crocket retical. Its mounted on a prohunter.243. Went with this retical as when zeroed at 200yrds you also have graduations for 300,400,450 and 500 so it makes shooting in the field easier. OF course at the higher ranges its never that straight forward. I am happy with the scope perhaps should have gone for more magnification.

I am making slow progress to be honest still trying to get my zero for 200 yds. only get about 2 hrs once a week to work on it due to work:rolleyes:

Gerri wrote: »
    Based on what.Hearsay? I know quite a few shooters using Swift scopes on stalking rifles from 22-250,6.5x55 and .270. No problems and good low light capability too.Good value for money scopes and beat Hawke,Tasco,Atlas etc hands down. Not in the same class as Leupold,Swarovski,S&B,Nightforce,Zeiss but don't claim to be and neither do they cost anything close to the above. If on a budget they are hard to beat but if money is not a factor consider the Leupolds etc.

Based on personal experience and two of them thrown in my shooting cupboard ! And the experience of three of my mates !

Based on personal experience and two of them thrown in my shooting cupboard ! And the experience of three of my mates !

Daft to keep them in the cupboard when they come with a lifetime warranty, so you would probably get refund/repair/replacement. What exactly was the problem with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

have a SWIFT 6-24X50MM its a grand scope never had a problem with it
    my two cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Cant help out with the Swift, never owned one.
    My nephew has a Pentax on his .243, no problems. I think he has it about 3 years and it get used often.
    http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0024508711508a.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Thanks all for the replie, think ill go for the swift scope i was also talking to some people that use them for the money they seem to be the best.

Gerri wrote: »
    Daft to keep them in the cupboard when they come with a lifetime warranty, so you would probably get refund/repair/replacement. What exactly was the problem with them?

Dial in adjustment and they don't adjust and before you say it the leupold that replaced them is perfect ! I think its a limited lifetime warranty. In other words forget it

Dial in adjustment and they don't adjust and before you say it the leupold that replaced them is perfect ! I think its a limited lifetime warranty. In other words forget it

Limited lifetime warranty means the warranty applies to original purchaser only, unlike Leupold, Nightforce which is a lifetime product warranty i.e. applies even if you bought the scope second hand. Still think you should contact them regarding repair/refund/replacement. At least you will get a chance to check out their customer service. Regarding the Leupold, they can be faulty too, friend had two 8.5-25x50 Leupolds fail to dial in also. As he is a rifle instructor he bought a Nightforce as backup because it took 6 weeks to get them repaired by Leupold. Six weeks is good turnaround from the US but damn all use if you need kit for a course during that time hence the use of a Nightforce as backup, anyway up to you how you deal with it but I would not be down hard earned cash for faulty goods no matter what the brand name is.

Rang dealer today re scope and he advised the warranty will be honoured and to return it to him for replacement/repair, we will see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Downwind

Lads
    Swift Scopes . Got one today from a very well known gun shop in Tipp as a space filler untill the funds recover for an up grade. 6-18 x 44 milldot . Second hand , will be replaced if theres any problems as the Swift has a dealership in Ireland. This scope came off a Deer rifle . In terms of a starter scope under €300 euro with out the hastle of import / vat etc also getting riped off its not a bad proposition . After sales is excelent and the vendor said he hasnt had to do to much of that any way and as far as I can see with set up and rounds down range it fits the Deer Stalker Spec . Ok I ll do a Dawn Dusk this week (Ruts on at the mo) and tell yee what I think ok its sitting on a 6.5 x55 so its not going to get hammered but Ill let you know.
    Later
    JTN

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

sit your 6.5 on a good steady rest,pick your target,adjust your dioptric ring and watch that reticle wobble!!!

Advertisement