Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eircom charge you for exceeding your cap?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Its well known Babcock and Brown are segmenting eircom into several smaller outfits dealing with PSTN and internet. this is a precursor towards an eventual sale of both seperately or possible take over by several oher carriers (not necessarily irish or in our market yet). Does it make a blind bit of f**king sense they would pull a move which would see them haemorrhage customers at an unquellable rate. With other carriers providing LLU now,its more important than ever for Eircom to retain as many customers as possible. I mean if you were selling your house, would you put it on the market then start knocking down the support walls. See the asking price plummit!! Babcock and Brown are notorious for swooping into businesses, stripin em down and shapin em up and selling them for a profit. Doing what BaldiePablo is propsing is a suicide move for their profit margin.

Again with the prattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BaldiePablo

briantwin wrote: »
    Its well known Babcock and Brown are segmenting eircom into several smaller outfits dealing with PSTN and internet. this is a precursor towards an eventual sale of both seperately or possible take over by several oher carriers (not necessarily irish or in our market yet). Does it make a blind bit of f**king sense they would pull a move which would see them haemorrhage customers at an unquellable rate. With other carriers providing LLU now,its more important than ever for Eircom to retain as many customers as possible. I mean if you were selling your house, would you put it on the market then start knocking down the support walls. See the asking price plummit!! Babcock and Brown are notorious for swooping into businesses, stripin em down and shapin em up and selling them for a profit. Doing what BaldiePablo is propsing is a suicide move for their profit margin.

Again with the prattle.

Well .. we'll see.

Bored to tears with this so good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

this kind of links to another post I made about Vodafone this week....

The reason I was trying ot use my vodafone package is because I just presumed that I was getting sharged my Eircom for my excess......

here are my stats and I can confirm from my bills that so far no "extra" charge has been made

eircomne2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Macspower wrote: »
    this kind of links to another post I made about Vodafone this week....

The reason I was trying ot use my vodafone package is because I just presumed that I was getting sharged my Eircom for my excess......

here are my stats and I can confirm from my bills that so far no "extra" charge has been made

And you just gave out your number....nice.

Eircom won't charge unless they really need the money. Thats their retirement fund.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Macspower, if your posting screenshots I'd suggest editing out your telephone number first as you don't want random people on the internet calling you :)

Your telephone number was in the page title of the screenshot you posted,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Cabaal wrote: »
    Macspower, if your posting screenshots I'd suggest editing out your telephone number first as you don't want random people on the internet calling you :)

Your telephone number was in the page title of the screenshot you posted,.

thanks guys.... and I went to all the trouble of editing it out of the main body and forgot the title...lol

anyway looking forward to your calls... It get mightly lonely here since my momma passed last year.... nothing here now me, my rocking chair and the hatchet I sharpen all day to pass the time :confused:

Advertisement