Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a tune off myspace

Options
  • 03-11-2007 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hey

I found a tune on a djs myspace that I've fallin for but its not up on any torrent sites .... I can listen to it on myspace but not d/l it. Is there any way of ripping the tune from myspace?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Firefox internet browser has many plugins for such,i found its best with trial and error. just remember that u probably need the artist permission, thats wat i did to get ttmc's music off bebo,and after alot of failed links and stuff i got a few of the bands mp3s. cant wait for the demo,tis only a few weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

You could get a not very good quality copy by getting something like Adobe Audition, press record in it, and then play the song off myspace.

A more complicated way I found of saving the mp3, is to clear your Firefox cache, then go to the page and play the song. Then open the address: about:cache in a new tab, and you should be able to find the URL of the mp3 there so you can download it. Doesn't always work though. As nerin said, there's probably a plugin for FF to automate all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

KlodaX wrote: »
    Hey

I found a tune on a djs myspace that I've fallin for but its not up on any torrent sites .... I can listen to it on myspace but not d/l it. Is there any way of ripping the tune from myspace?

Thanks.

You should check itunes, beatport and similar download sites, might well be available on one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Got firebug but still can't get the url :( ... can't get it on itunes either

thanks for the advise though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

KlodaX wrote: »
    Got firebug but still can't get the url :( ... can't get it on itunes either

thanks for the advise though :)

Maybe Beatport is your best bet, as alot of "dance music" that can be got nowhere else tends to turn up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 PTG

You could email whoever it is on their Myspace and ask for it or where you can get a copy of it instead of trying to steal it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

go to www.internetdownloadmanager.com and download the program (its completely safe, i use it all the time), install it and then go onto the dj's myspace and let it work its magic, it won't let u listen to the song when u open up the myspace but it will promt u to download it. enjoy and don't be scabby and use it all the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I have a feeling this isn't going to be appreciated mod-wise, if not, please edit the post and my apologies.

Otherwise, www.myspacemp3.org is great. It'll give you a link to www.file2hd.com but all the instructions are on the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

PTG wrote: »
    You could email whoever it is on their Myspace and ask for it or where you can get a copy of it instead of trying to steal it

+1 You know this is the right thing to do. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

PTG wrote: »
    +1 You know this is the right thing to do. :D

Of course, but all the tunes I've "stolen" I've bought the CD format anyway! It's handy for bands with music not available to be bought here, or small bands who only sell demos at gigs and stuff. Still, if for any band bigger than a small unsigned group, the however many songs they have on the myspace is only gonna be a tiny proportion of what's on their album or in their back catalogue, so it's not going to take away the incentive to buy the album to get the rest of the music.

Advertisement