Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - but no telephone line

Options
  • 03-11-2007 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for some advice. About to move in with g/f but she's no broadband or telepohne line :(

Having been looking around at the best broadband sp for me, and was looking at NTL's 3MB package but they seem to get a slating on boards everywhere, as do many ISP's.

Just wondering if anyone's got any thoughts of who I should use, I also saw Irish Broadbands fixed wireless packages and they looked competitive, but again they're slated everywhere.

I'll be living in Dublin 13 / Clarehall btw.... Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i myself got Clearwire last week and its pretty good.
    we got the freedom package i think,because according to the girl that got it for us she has it too and the top speed package only ever reaches the mid speed of the middle priced package.

i wanted to get ripwave for the no download limit, but the shop assistant said its only for dublin,and my friend who went to college there said the signal was always bad.

i was suggested to get the three wireless modem,its supposedly good, but since there was always going to be two of us online it wasnt an option then.

as for the other packages,i dont know about them,,and i dont think my other friends are using them, hope this was helpful

Nerin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's the IBB Ripwave (available outside dublin) and Clearwire Broadband in a box products that get most of the Criticism. IBB Breeze, Digiweb Wireless & Digiweb Metro and other fixed wireless products with outdoor aerials generally do what they claim, with a few exceptions of course.

Advertisement