Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in Game question

Options
  • 03-11-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I have a few games to trade but I know after Christmas I'll have more. Is there anywhere that will take them and give me store credit or do I have to buy something there and then.

I asked for an xtravision voucher before but I was told I had to get something that day or keep my game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Strange. Xtra-Vision will usually give you a gift card to the value of the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

That is strange, I was talking to the assistant manager as well, maybe they have different policies in different stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

red_fox wrote: »
    That is strange, I was talking to the assistant manager as well, maybe they have different policies in different stores.

nope i worked there for a long time and it's far easier to give you a gift card to the value of the trade in then wait for you to find stuff you want. makes no sense. unless the people in your local store have no idea how to do it

I'll try them again so, this was Galway (headford road) so I'm surprised. Does anyone know about Game or Gamestop or Smyths, I want to try to get the best I can, so trade in what I have now and the rest after Christmas and put towards an Xbox 360. I know the prices will vary but I'll go for whoever offers the most for my first lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'll try them again so, this was Galway (headford road) so I'm surprised. Does anyone know about Game or Gamestop or Smyths, I want to try to get the best I can, so trade in what I have now and the rest after Christmas and put towards an Xbox 360. I know the prices will vary but I'll go for whoever offers the most for my first lot.

not sure about older games, but i've always found xtra-vision to have the best deals for newer games

• Advertisement

Most are 6 - 12 months old, I remember xtra vision were doing a "€10 extra credit when trade in two games" offer that was good, but that's finished, they're probably my best bet anyway if I can get the gift card.

I think I read somewhere gamestop will give you vouchers too, is there anywhere that doesn't as I'll need to get one and I can just skip anywhere that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GAME would be able to do it if Head Office got round to bringing out the fudgin gift cards [/rant]

Gamestop print out a receipt with credit don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Gamestop print out a receipt with credit don't they?

You can ask for it on a card if you want.

Xtravision or Gamestop it is then, I'll try to get a chance to drop in during the week. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I have a few games to trade but I know after Christmas I'll have more. Is there anywhere that will take them and give me store credit or do I have to buy something there and then.

I asked for an xtravision voucher before but I was told I had to get something that day or keep my game.

The idiot on at the time probably just didn't know how to put money on a gift card :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Ive a few old PS2 games that I never really played or ive finished & dont think I ever even opened the manual. Any idea how much id get on trade in?

Reel Fishing III
    Medal of honor (1st one)
    Medal of honor (rising sun)
    Some cartoon golf game
    The getaway
    WWE vs Smackdown 2006
    FF X-2 (prob worth €0.01)
    FF X
    FF XII & still unopended plastic wrapped guide book
    A few GTA as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bugger all. The shops only give a couple of euros for old games. For ancient ones like fantavision they'd give 50 cents.

Advertisement