Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calliaghstown - any good?

Options
  • 03-11-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Still trying to find a good riding school in Dublin.
    I don't have a car at the moment which limits me in where I can go.

I know there is a bus to Rathcoole but does it stop near the riding school?

And is Callaighstown a good school?

I heard Killgar mentioned as a good place also, but I can't find any website or contact info for it, except for a place that looks like it's just a livery yard/sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey there,

I replied to your last post on this, maybe you didn't see it; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055166171

About Callaighstown! I've only ever been there for competitions, they have nice facilities though! And I do remember checking directions on their website before, and they mentioned having to take a taxi from the bus-stop in Rathcoole. I'm not sure how far of a walk it would be though...

Marianne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Try Brennanstown, you can get the 145 out and walk for about 5/10 minutes. Or use the DART and get the Bray bus service out, just tell the driver you are going there and you will be dropped off outside it. Further to that I think you can still get the 68 to Carrickmines, they have may have changed the route slightly, ring and they will tell you. I went about two weeks ago to this great equestrian centre called Kelly town off the Ticknock Road, you can get buses to it with a 15 min walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Callighstown is a great centre with lots of facilities. However it is quiet a distance from Rathcoole.No buses i suspect but a taxi wouldn't cost so much im guessin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ghostrider1

Callaighstown is about 2-3 miles from rathcool village so it a good walk or a taxi. I used to be an owner there ,good facilities so well worth a try. Owner is lady call Grainne who is a always very nice to clients .There are always lots of owners coming and going so it would be worth your while to ask in the office if anyone is driving back to Rathcool to give you a lift. At least in my day the owners were a good crew and would go out of their way for someone so hopefully that has not changed

Advertisement