Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La La La La Liga

• 03-11-2007 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

to the tune of the zutryos :D

Sat 3 Mallorca v Valencia Sky Sports Xtra 7pm La Liga
    Sat 3 Sevilla v Real Madrid Sky Sports Xtra 9pm La Liga

Morrow
    17:00 Atletico Madrid ? - ? Villarreal
    17:00 Levante ? - ? Almeria
    17:00 Osasuna ? - ? Getafe
    17:00 Racing Santander ? - ? Espanyol
    17:00 Real Murcia ? - ? Deportivo La Coruna
    17:00 Zaragoza ? - ? Valladolid
    19:00 Barcelona ? - ? Real Betis
    21:00 Athletic Bilbao ? - ? Recreativo Huelva

Cant see anyone stopping Real certainly not a out fo sorts Sevilla side, but tis la liga so 4 -0 sevilla with 3 red cards for real :D

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Could be a thrilling match tonight. You'd expect Madrid to win, but like KdjaCL says, dont be shocked to see a 43 goal thriller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 valencia

Morientes

kdjac

Finsihed 2-0

Sevilla vs real 5 shots in 1st 5 minutes, end to end could be a cracker.

kdjac

Still 0-0?

Crap by La Liga standards...

1-0

fooking screamer Keita for Sevilla and they deserved it, Real are lethal on the break but its been mostly Sevilla.

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-0

Poor Iker saved with his face a thundering strike from kanoute, fabiano put in the rebound.

I think Iker is dead he saved from 5 yards a thunderous shot with his face :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well then, Sevilla 2-0 up. Real Madrid thrash Valencia, like utterly destroy them, and then Sevilla does this!

Real not out of it, they look like scoring any time.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im getting boxing on sky sports extra...

On 3 :confused:

Guti should have been sent off for an elbow, never liked him tbh dirty petulant player.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaCL wrote: »
    On 3 :confused:

Guti should have been sent off for an elbow, never liked him tbh dirty petulant player.

kdjac

Xtra is showing boxing, Sky Sports 3 is showing Real Madrid...weird. Ive double checked and thats the way it is on my tv.

Ramos sent off.

thinking now when i joked about that 4-0 i should have bet on it :(

kdjac

2-0

excellent win for Sevilla pretty much bossed the game with by hitting the front 2 to feet at pace.

real couldnt handle them ramos sent off killed the game for both sides.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Nice win for Sevilla. Could have & should have been alot more than 2-0 tho.

Sevilla for the tittle anyone? Well aslong as tho Madrid scumbags don't win it I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

tdv wrote: »
    Nice win for Sevilla. Could have & should have been alot more than 2-0 tho.

Sevilla for the tittle anyone? Well aslong as tho Madrid scumbags don't win it I'll be happy.

I'm no Madrid fan but i'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. Sevilla player was lucky not to be sent off in the first half after lashing out at Ramos and hitting the assistant referee. Both teams were as guilty as each other when it came to diving or leaving the foot in.

I don't think Sevilla have enough strength in depth to win the title and losing Ramos is a major blow. I'd say they'll be fighting it out for a Champion's League place come the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sevilla getting raided in the January transfer window either, perhaps by Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

An Citeog wrote: »
    I'm no Madrid fan but i'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. Sevilla player was lucky not to be sent off in the first half after lashing out at Ramos and hitting the assistant referee. Both teams were as guilty as each other when it came to diving or leaving the foot in.

I don't think Sevilla have enough strength in depth to win the title and losing Ramos is a major blow. I'd say they'll be fighting it out for a Champion's League place come the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sevilla getting raided in the January transfer window either, perhaps by Spurs.

Well maybe scumbags is a little harsh. But just a few of the players really piss me off. Guti for example I don't anyone who would'nt like to smack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ramos touched the sevillas player neck first actually... I dont think Sevilla will lose any of their players to be honest, they have only become stronger since last season, they have one of the best squads in la liga and if they can climb back into the top 4 they will definitely be title contenders. You can see they are a very united team, at worst Alves will leave but that has been on the cards for a while now...

Just as I was starting to like Schuster as a coach, he goes and disgraces himself.
    http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=468851
    Cant believe he ever wore the Blaugrana colours. Very disrespectful thing to do.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Ramos touched the sevillas player neck first actually... I dont think Sevilla will lose any of their players to be honest, they have only become stronger since last season, they have one of the best squads in la liga and if they can climb back into the top 4 they will definitely be title contenders. You can see they are a very united team, at worst Alves will leave but that has been on the cards for a while now...

Just as I was starting to like Schuster as a coach, he goes and disgraces himself.
    Cant believe he ever wore the Blaugrana colours. Very disrespectful thing to do.

Haha, good old Schuster. Don't think that's going to go down too well, although it's actually quite true! :D I really like him as a coach and along with Ruud, Casillas and Sergio Ramos, are the only reason I have any time for Madrid. It was disrespectful but the vast majority of top managers would say the exact same, especially at a club like Real where's nobody's safe. He's never been one for diplomacy and tends to speak his mind freely.

There was that famous story after a match for Germany when one of the players was having a huge party and all the other players were going (and I mean every single player). Schuster refused to go and flew back to Barcelona/Madrid that night. Instead of saying he wanted to get back to see his wife or the club had requested that he come back, his excuse was that he just didn't like the teammate that was having the party. :D

It remains to be seen how much of a loss Ramos will be for Sevilla. It's easy to motivate yourself against the likes of Madrid, it's whether they can do the same against some of the lesser clubs that's the big challenge.

I agree but I think people fail to realise that Ramos was not the only person key to Sevillas sucess (I also believe this for Barca, Frank is quite vulnerable without Ten Cates, he was the man behind the scenes). Monchi is in my eyes one the main cogs in Sevillas sucess, It was him who picked up two unknown players in the form of Julio Baptista and Dani Alves for nothing and helped them become superstars. It was him who made the shrewd signings of Fredi Kanoute and Paulsen. It was him that bought up youngsters like José Reyes, Jesus Navas, Diego Capel, Antonio Puerta, Sergio Ramos Jesuli, Kepa Blanco amongst others. Ramos will be missed, but I can still see Sevilla being a force to reckon with over the coming years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

He was joking according to the article. He didn't even bring it up himself...a journalist did.

• Advertisement

Nunu wrote: »
    He was joking according to the article. He didn't even bring it up himself...a journalist did.

It's one of those jokes that's funny because there's a bit of truth in it. I'm sure every Madrid supporter was saying the exact same thing, maybe not jokingly though.

Its offensive to Cules iswell, its giving the Madridistas all over the world a scapegoat for the loss, when in reality Sevilla thorougly deserved the win. (and Im not biased over my dislike for the Real eejits in this case)

Its offensive to Cules iswell, its giving the Madridistas all over the world a scapegoat for the loss, when in reality Sevilla thorougly deserved the win. (and Im not biased over my dislike for the Real eejits in this case)

In all fairness, Barcelonistas are just as guilty of blaming favouritism towards Madrid. Sevilla definitely deserved to win though, Real just weren´t up for it.

Barcelona have been pretty **** this season, so Im hoping for a mini miracle tonight. All I want is for the team to be hungry again, they expect everything to be handed to them and its quite frustrating, their is way too much sideways passing from Xavi and Iniesta and we lack that killer pace. Messi is starting to pass the ball more iswell which is a positive. Betis are quite weak so I reckon itll be a 2-0er.

Valdes
    Zambrotta -- Thuram -- Puyol -- Abidal
    Touré
    Xavi -- Iniesta
    Messi -- Henry -- Ronaldinho

Thats the strongest team available to Frank and I feel so much better when I dont see Olegeur in the starting 11.:D

3-0 easy enough

Henrychenko got one, Ronnie scored 2 free kicks.

Messi was assaulted at least 15 times.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Henrychenko

how has henry earned that nickname?

el rabitos wrote: »
    how has henry earned that nickname?

Because he looks like a completely different player at Barça, a lot like Schevchenko at Chelsea. His touch is heavy and he missed 2 sitters and hit the post.

Pretty much what An said, taking too many touches where at Arsenal one would have been enough, doesnt like drifting out on Ronnies whim either.

He somehow looks slower too :confused:

kdjac

cant say i'm seeing the same tbh. he looks dangerous, looks like he's still adapting and he'll probably have to adapt some more when eto comes back in, but the quality is still there, he's getting himself into positions and looking for the ball. his team-mates if anything have been letting him down by not feeding him the ball enough. but again, thats down to adapting to each other.

shevy has looked a shell of his former self, he's hasnt and doesnt look at all like adapting to the premiership, he doesnt even look to have the desire needed to do it. henry looked more than interested, looks like he's making progress and looks like he'll get better there, i dont think its a fair comparison.

he's just started in a new league at a huge club in a new formation with a team filled with stars compared to a team that was young and heavilly realiant on him alone. he's got 5 goals so far and he'll score alot more. no comparisson to shevys struggles tbh.

• Advertisement

It's just not happening for him at the moment. Maybe he's trying too hard and is just out of luck, but people were saying the exact same when Shevchenko joined Chelsea. I don't doubt he'll come good but he's been fairly disappointing so far.

He doesn't look like the graceful Henry he was at Arsenal but maybe that's because he doesn't get as much space as he used to. Btw, the service he gets from other players at Barça is better than he'd get at any other club in the world.

It's just not happening for him at the moment.

he's scored 5 goals, he scored tonight, its happening slowly, but its happening. give it time.
    Btw, the service he gets from other players at Barça is better than he'd get at any other club in the world.

whats your basis for that? how are you so sure barcas players adapt quicker to henrys needs than the players at any other top?

I expect Henry to adapt quite well in La Liga, its a much easier league to play in for attackers in in truth, makes you look a lot better than you actually are.

Archimedes wrote: »
    I expect Henry to adapt quite well in La Liga, its a much easier league to play in for attackers in in truth, makes you look a lot better than you actually are.

easier how? thats rubbish. its just different. theres alot more build up in the play in spain compared to the premiership, a striker needs alot of patience and intelligence and need needs to have a good ability to read the play in spain. you need to be a very complete player to play successfully in england and spain, henry is doing well right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate the clichés the English pundits use when describing La Liga. High foot by Yesta(I think), ''if that was in England it would be ignored''

Now it wouldnt!! Fifa rules state no high foots, meaning if English refs are ignoring incidents involving players putting their foot high, they are not doing their job.

he's scored 5 goals, he scored tonight, its happening slowly, but its happening. give it time.

I'm talking about his overall play. He's still settling in and I think all Barça fans accept that. He's still looked out of sorts in most of the games he's played though, except for the match against Levante. I don't doubt that he'll come good though.
    el rabitos wrote:
    whats your basis for that? how are you so sure barcas players adapt quicker to henrys needs than the players at any other top?

I'm basing it on what I've observed watching 90% of Barça's games this season and seeing it replayed, analysed and discussed nearly every day. The supply, the through balls, absolutely everything has been top notch. Players like Messi, Xavi, Deco and particularly Iniesta have been on fire this season and Henry has had countless numbers of glorious chances. I personally don't think he's doing well right now because that would be a disservice to a genuinely world class footballer. He is working hard though and it will all come with time.

• Advertisement

I'm basing it on what I've observed watching 90% of Barça's games this season and seeing it replayed, analysed and discussed nearly every day. The supply, the through balls, absolutely everything has been top notch. Players like Messi, Xavi, Deco and particularly Iniesta have been on fire this season and Henry has had countless numbers of glorious chances. I personally don't think he's doing well right now because that would be a disservice to a genuinely world class footballer. He is working hard though and it will all come with time.

we'll have to agree to dissagree on the level of service he's getting, not due the other players quality, just based on lack of minutes together on the pitch. iniesta in particular has been awesome so far this season, really stepped it up.

but to go back to my orignal post, the comparisson to shevchenko i think is grossly unfair and has no basis at all, i see zero to compare between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Henrychenko

:rolleyes: ffs.

Six goals already this season, wtf do people want from him?

He's settling into a new club, new country, he's not the Messiah he was at Arsenal, it's all different for him, but still he has six goals already.

Get a bleedin' grip, comparisons with Shevchenko are so far wide of the mark, it's not even funny.

we'll have to agree to dissagree on the level of service he's getting, not due the other players quality, just based on lack of minutes together on the pitch. iniesta in particular has been awesome so far this season, really stepped it up.

but to go back to my orignal post, the comparisson to shevchenko i think is grossly unfair and has no basis at all, i see zero to compare between the two.

It was KdjacL who made the comparison with Shevchenko and I agree to a certain extent (with Shevchenkos first few months at Chelsea). When Chelsea bought Shevchenko, just like when Barça bought Henry, everybody was expecting a world class player, fit to grace any stage. It's just frustrating to see these players not performing the way we know they can. One of the things that made Henry so great at Arsenal was his arrogance and the way he strutted around the pitch as if he owned it. With Barça, he doesn't have anywhere near the same effect. He seems to get very nervous and flustered, his legs turn to jelly and his first touch is knocked 5 yards away or ran out of play.

That's just the way I see it and I'm not having a go at Henry. He needs time to settle in and I'm sure Rijkaard will afford that to him, but to say he's playing well is just insulting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Henry is gona have to step it up, cause when Eto returns, imo he's favorite to be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

• Advertisement

easier how? thats rubbish. its just different. theres alot more build up in the play in spain compared to the premiership, a striker needs alot of patience and intelligence and need needs to have a good ability to read the play in spain. you need to be a very complete player to play successfully in england and spain, henry is doing well right now.

You dont think Spain is an easier league for an attacking player to play in?

Archimedes wrote: »
    You dont think Spain is an easier league for an attacking player to play in?

its easier for a player that has the qualitys. its a different style of football.

as i said before the qualitys needed for a player to be successful in la liga are very different to that of the premiership. they need to have a good ability to read the game, be patient in the build up, be a good passer, be fast and imo you need a different type of intelligence to play well and excell in la liga. alot more of the play in spain is based on playing from the back and building up the play and then making the killer blow.

i'd like to say its based more on tactics in spain, but that wouldnt be fair on the premiership style, because there its just a different form of tactics that suit the style of the game and the pace of the game in the prem.

either way its a massive change in style and alot to adapt to and tbh i think henry is doing well and playing his part, but importantly looks like he's going to get better, not like shevy who looks like he's reached his peak in the premiership and is not going to get any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Henry is gonna be a success in Sapin and won't flop because he has players like Xavi putting the ball on a plate for him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you like Xavi do ya? ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you like Xavi do ya? ;)

Let's just say that the man size tissues come out when he's playing ;)

Iniesta < Cambiasso < Xavi

True.

Iniesta < Cambiasso < Xavi

True.

Only back in and you're trolling.

Cambiasso is a different player to Iniesta. Xavi is basically both of them together and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Only back in and you're trolling.
    That's hardly fair is it?

He thinks Cambias(so) is so good he named himself after him.

Just like you and Kinkladze...I mean Xabi.

DesF wrote: »
    That's hardly fair is it?

He thinks Cambias(so) is so good he named himself after him.

Just like you and Kinkladze...I mean Xabi.

It's Xavi.

To be fair though Cambiasso is quite a limited player in the sense of great midfielders. Good breaker up of play but limited on the ball. Iniesta's the opposite. Not great defensively but excellent going forward. Xavi can do both. Play jsut in front of the defence or press on and support the attack. That's my reasoning for thinking he's better.

I think Xavi is a very good player, indeed my 606(BBC) username is Xavi6Hernandez, but in terms of midfielders I would put him perhaps the fifth best at this present moment in time.

Cambiasso is really a great player, ok he may not possess the passing of a Xavi, an Iniesta, or a Pirlo, or the combative style of a Gerrard, Gatusso or Viera, but to me he is a pleasure to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement