Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La La La La Liga

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I think it was a joke about Xa(B)i.
    I think calling Cambiasso a breaker up of play fairly unjust to his talents. You respect a player like Xavi, so I can't play the card of just because he doesnt run up and down frantically for 90 minutes(ala Gerrard) does not mean he isnt a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's great to see Rossi doing so well, another goal for him and an assist as well. He's looking like he's gona be a top class player which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think it was a joke about Xa(B)i.
    Yeah...a joke it was...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think Xavi is a very good player, indeed my 606(BBC) username is Xavi6Hernandez, but in terms of midfielders I would put him perhaps the fifth best at this present moment in time.

Cambiasso is really a great player, ok he may not possess the passing of a Xavi, an Iniesta, or a Pirlo, or the combative style of a Gerrard, Gatusso or Viera, but to me he is a pleasure to watch.

To be honest it's actually refreshing to see someone who feels as passionately about defensive midfielders as I do. I do rate Cambiasso very highly so I guess it's just my Xavi blinkers and I will openly admit to having them!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    To be honest it's actually refreshing to see someone who feels as passionately about defensive midfielders as I do. I do rate Cambiasso very highly so I guess it's just my Xavi blinkers and I will openly admit to having them!
    I like DMs too.

Sure, don't I use one in my own team?

Just in front of the defence, doing all the donkey work while the attacking five get on with the business at the far end.

Pity he dislocated and fractured his elbow last week though.

When are you coming home?

I love defensive midfielders, probably my first idol was Redondo(1994 I vaguely remember). I remember being disgusted when he was not at the 98' world cup, all because of Passarella, of course at the time I had no idea of the reason behind his exlusion.

DesF wrote: »
    When are you coming home?

Ha ha not for a good while. Just won the state amateur cup here so gonna go for another season and try win the league. Have to say I do miss it though.....great to see the team going from strength to strength.

Is your style similar to Xavi?

Ha I wish!

• Advertisement

Just won the state amateur cup here so gonna go for another season and try win the league.
    Wow, well done.

Where are you playing these days? DMF?
    Have to say I do miss it though.....
    Liar. No one who lives in Australia at this time of year actually misses Ireland. I know don't forget.

Thank christ this winter doesn't seem to be as bad as last, freezin' my ass off on the side of that mountain
    great to see the team going from strength to strength.

Yeah, we added some real quality to the side. We no longer whipping boys.

Ha I wish!

He's too modest.

Smashing player is Xavi6 (this one, not the real one).

I play like Tiago Mendes, I always pass the ball sideways. It fools people into thinking I'm a good passer.

Wow, well done.

Where are you playing these days? DMF?

Nah mainly playing at centre half with the odd stint in a back three. We've a lot of quality in midfield.
    Liar. No one who lives in Australia at this time of year actually misses Ireland. I know don't forget.

Jaysus no I don't miss Ireland. Great bunch of lads though so it was sh1t having to leave. Been following the progress closely and I'll definitely be straight back on board when I get home.
    He's too modest.

Smashing player is Xavi6 (this one, not the real one).

Why Des you sure know how to make a guy blush :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I love you guys! :o

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus fellas, get a room, that kind of ass-patting shouldn't be done in public :p

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    I love you guys! :o
    pfft.

Deserter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

PHB wrote: »
    It's great to see Rossi doing so well, another goal for him and an assist as well. He's looking like he's gona be a top class player which is great.

Joint top scorer in the league with 7. It's great to see him getting off to a good start.

Best player I've ever seen live is Xavi. He just oozes class! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This will probably piss off Xavi6, but I rate Iniesta as better than Xavi.

*ducks and covers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Archimedes wrote: »
    *ducks and covers*

So do I.

Archimedes wrote: »

*ducks and covers*

Iniesta, so far this season, has been amazing going forward and quite a bit better than Xavi in this regard. His control is unbelievable, he can catch a 40 yard pass on his foot. I still think Xavi is better all round and although he hasn't stood out as much as Iniesta this season, he's the heartbeat of Barça and the link between defence and attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

It's Xavi.
    In fairness, they're both pronounced the same, with an English B sound (Shabby). Vs are generally pronounced as English Bs in Spain, eg. Balencia. They don't use Vs in the Basque language hence Xabi Alonso.

kinaldo wrote: »
    In fairness, they're both pronounced the same, with an English B sound (Shabby). Vs are generally pronounced as English Bs in Spain, eg. Balencia. They don't use Vs in the Basque language hence Xabi Alonso.

In fairness, you're wrong! :p

Xavi is pronounced like it's spelt, with a 'v' sound. It's catalan. Same way Carles Puyol is pronounced Carlas. That concludes tonights lesson! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

An Citeog wrote: »
    In fairness, you're wrong! :p

Xavi is pronounced like it's spelt, with a 'v' sound. It's catalan. Same way Carles Puyol is pronounced Carlas. That concludes tonights lesson! :D
    Oops, forgot he's Catalan. The X was the clue...

:o

Advertisement