Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatout v Flatout 2

Options
  • 03-11-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hi all...Looking to get one of these two for the PS2...

Played the original on the PC and thought it was great. However, I am moving to PS2 for the one console multiplayer action. What I am wondering is, as a racer which is better? And when playing against another player is it possible to include AI opponents? Finally, are there replays for multiplayer races?

Thanks!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I find the handling in the Flatout series just a bit too slippery to be satisfying... but why not make up your own mind based on some expert reviews: [Link]

Also, have you tried the Burnout franchise? [Link]

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Burnout is much better, I wish it was on PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I crave Burnout Paradise. I have FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (i.e. PC FlatOut 2 plus some extras) on my 360 and it is good fun. I love destroying the lovely trackside scenery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Flatout 2 > Flatout

Flatout 2 is much more refind and much less frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Stephen wrote: »
    I crave Burnout Paradise.
    As do I.

I hope Criterion get the game running as sweetly on the 360 as it reportedly runs on the PS3 (which is apparently the lead SKU).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

conzymaher wrote: »
    Burnout is much better, I wish it was on PC!

QFT

I'm an avid Flatout 2 fan but only because Burnout isn't on the PC. Flatout 2 is a watered down version of Burnout. They've tried to make it fun with some party games like shooting your driver out the windshield through hoops, skipping him across water, or hitting agiant dartboard but i don't know anyone who plays them. Whereas the party games in Burnout, like causing as much destruction as possible, are loads of fun.

But, yeah Flatout 2 > Flatout. Personally I love the slippery steering of the cars, means you can powerslide around corners. Plus learning how to properly use the boost means you can stop fishtailing if you oversteer a corner. I only drive with the bullet gt so all the other cars seem easy in comparison.

Advertisement