Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA home lab

Options
  • 03-11-2007 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wish to set up a home lab for the Cisco CCNA.
    My college course contains the CCNA parts 1-4, so I reckon getting hand of say 2 Cisco routers with serial interfaces would be ideal for practice.
    Would it be necessary to obtain a switch for the mix, or would two 2500's for example suffice for CCNA purposes?

I know elementary level networking quite well, but I want to extend my knowledge using a manged system.
    Would this approach be any better than say...using simulation software?
    Any tips or advice for the lab would be appreciated.
    Where would be my best bet for obtaining Cisco equipment?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Go with router sims ( i think boston do good ones, been years since i did the CCNA though)

Setting up home lab for "hands on" expierience is pretty pointless, its just plugging in a few cables , all the real stuff is done in the cisco os and all that is perfectly recreated in the sims.

I spent 2500 Irish punts on a cisco course a few years back , what a waste .... live and learn !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cheers, I think I will use the packet tracer sim for now.
    You paid over 3000 euro for a CCNA course:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vampire_cn

if u just want to pass the exam,i can sent u a practice text program. it is up to 95% the same as the real exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

vampire_cn wrote: »
    if u just want to pass the exam,i can sent u a practice text program. it is up to 95% the same as the real exam.

That would be Nice:D
    Thanks very much btw:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vampire_cn

give me ur email . i send to u. it is 28.5m pdf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement