Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SG:A - 4x06 - Tabula Rasa [SPOILERS]

• 03-11-2007 5:25pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Really enjoyed this one - thought it was the best of the season so far. There was a nice element of mystery and it was done in a way that little pieces were revealed as it went along: for example when we figured they all had amnesia, we still didn't know why Lorne's team were acting as they did.

Wood did a good job directing too - the hazy camera filters in the present line were good at echoing their hazy sense of memory. The acting was all taken up a notch as they exhibited the fear and confusion (although Jewel seemed a little monotone in places).

Good sense of pace and all round nothing to really detract from it. Good stuff.

What did you think of SG:A - 4x06 - Tabula Rasa? 21 votes

Excellent [McKay]
    0% 0 votes
    Very Good [Sheppard]
    38% 8 votes
    Okay [Ronin]
    33% 7 votes
    Poor [Teyla]
    23% 5 votes
    Awful [Lucius Lavin]
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought it was ok.
    It was well done, and they did reveal the story details at a good pace.
    I just found it a bit boring. They were always going to get their memories back eventually.
    Bring on more travelers. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, just okay for me too. Enjoyable, but still waiting for it to get really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

sorry, thought it was total rubbish , just didn't do it for me, how many times have they trotted out this plot in stargate (and every other sci fi series) over the years with the same predictable results?

Dull and predictable, in a story with great potential given the scope of the tech / enemies / allies etc. this was a lazy space filling waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought it was OK, but concerned about the number of fillers we have had this season so far. Even so it still showed that they can trot out a well-paced episode and I liked the style of it if not the substance.

This one didn't advance anything in any way apart from an obscure reference to the wraith, did no character development and was yet again another Rodney-centred tale. Aside from Rodney only Jewel Staite seems to be getting a look in character-wise this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Pretty good for a filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Surprisingly good episode for an otherwise mediocre season (series?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i thought it was a very good episode, i dont know why i just loved it, and the scenes based in the present where they where kinda lost/ didnt know who they where and interesting corridors like some madd acid trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

gets an ok, not great from me too.

I hate when i see the phrase "XX hours earlier". I hate the feeling of it dragging telling whats happening then, when you already know how its going to end up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I liked it a bit, I think its better if you consider these type of episode as a single good/bad entity, didnt advancethe story but id give a few jems of character development.

McKay is just Kewll to the Nth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ixoy wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this one - thought it was the best of the season so far. There was a nice element of mystery and it was done in a way that little pieces were revealed as it went along: for example when we figured they all had amnesia, we still didn't know why Lorne's team were acting as they did.

Wood did a good job directing too - the hazy camera filters in the present line were good at echoing their hazy sense of memory. The acting was all taken up a notch as they exhibited the fear and confusion (although Jewel seemed a little monotone in places).

Good sense of pace and all round nothing to really detract from it. Good stuff.

Same as...though other things I feel were worth a mention are that Carter seems to be getting less screan time then Weir was getting, and I think the intro scene prior to the credits was absoloutly amazing, some of the best work I've seen from Stargate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i think shes getting less screen time for a good reason - she carries a huge shadow: the production wants to ease the character into this. No point in throwing her full on and making her the center of attention. She's already established as hell; being the seniormost actor in 11 (it was 11 right) seasons of stargate sg-1 and now this.

McKay gets on quite fine and its nice to seee theyre doing what they can to steer away from that old drool over carter thing as humourous as it has been in the past, and trying to make something entirely new. Which is working like a house on fire. Even Ronin is improving. And this new medic...... er, I dont miss Carson so much anymore :)

Good episode with plenty of intrigue. This makes up for all the disappointments latel - AH **** this show is going to get by writer strike too???

haha! No! Whait! CANADIA! I LOVE YOU!!!

*you have received a new attribute: Canadianity*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Overheal wrote: »
    i think shes getting less screen time for a good reason - she carries a huge shadow: the production wants to ease the character into this. No point in throwing her full on and making her the center of attention. She's already established as hell; being the seniormost actor in 11 (it was 11 right) seasons of stargate sg-1 and now this.

It was 10 seasons.
    TV.com are counting the 2 movies as season 11. I guess because one movie will tie up season 10. Dunno how two movies = 1 season though :)
    I think she's looked a bit awkward as the leader, she's still growing into the role. She looks like she's not quite sure how to play it. I'm sure this is a factor in her limited screen time so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't think she's doing it very well at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

That's probably to show that Carter has no experience of the job she's doing

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Carter being head of the expedition is ridiculous... but it wouldn't be the first time!

I'd like that Katie Brown to be on the show more often, she's a cutie.

Advertisement