Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] PES2008 Essentials

Options
  • 03-11-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Could probably do with a seperate thread for this (unless I've missed one?).

So far I have:
    Can anyone tell me the definitive collection of kits, facepacks, balls, etc... I should be using?

Anything else I should apply to jazz it up?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There is :rolleyes: :p

i waiting a while too many 50% completed patches.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Shame :/

I think it was a Wolf patch we used in the past for kits? Is there a new one on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I don't think there are any definitive ones out yet. There are plenty of premiership updates that fix all jerseys and names. Ive also need chant packs, new turfs for stadiums and billboard updates. Hoping there will be an 'all in one' patch at some stage soon.

Agreed Tusky.

I think ill hold off for that then - an all-in-1 national / clubs kits, faces, balls, stadiums, etc pack that works with the kitserver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I think this thread is THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic! :) When I first joined the world of PES patching, I found it infuriating about how difficult it is to get straight answers from ANYONE about how to patch / what patch to use / what programs to use!

Here's some stuff you might want to keep an eye on:

WENB Upcoming Patch for Kits
    Blog site with a lot of kits (no "master" patch yet though)

I find a lot of PES forums online are crammed with a lot of unhelpful comments and filler in general; it'd be nice if we had this thread here to filter out the crappy option files, patches, etc. :D

• Advertisement

Folex wrote:
    I find a lot of PES forums online are crammed with a lot of unhelpful comments and filler in general; it'd be nice if we had this thread here to filter out the crappy option files, patches, etc
    Good idea. Perhaps PHB or KdjaCL can add to the list in the original post as new stuff becomes available.

Just installed this patch: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44061

Only played with it a bit, but the kits and badges look great. I used AFS Explorer (not GGS) to install the files. I followed your man's tutorial instructions in the first page and it works a treat. Note though, that it doesn't appear to work with Master League just yet (instead, Master League uses the original game kits - still works, just not as purty!).

Kitserver updated to work with alternate exes.

Still doesnt have jersey support but in time it will.
    http://files.filefront.com/kitserver+700fzip/;8920720;/fileinfo.html

kdjac

The .01 version of kitserver has support for the patch + adjustable level-of-details.

Folex wrote: »
    Just installed this patch: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44061

Only played with it a bit, but the kits and badges look great. I used AFS Explorer (not GGS) to install the files. I followed your man's tutorial instructions in the first page and it works a treat. Note though, that it doesn't appear to work with Master League just yet (instead, Master League uses the original game kits - still works, just not as purty!).

Eh...could you post up how you installed it ? Ive been trying to do it for the last `15 minutes and cant make sense of his instructions.

• Advertisement

Quick question - anyone know how I can measure my frames/sec? I assume it's a small parameter to be added to the .exe ?

I want to see the difference in performance between a Training match and a proper match - training match appears to be a lot smoother for some reason.

www.fraps.com

makes goal movies too

kdjac

Bah! Of course *smacks head*

Already have that installed. Cheers :)

Tusky wrote: »
    Eh...could you post up how you installed it ? Ive been trying to do it for the last `15 minutes and cant make sense of his instructions.

Sure, as soon as I get a chance. What I'll do is take his instructions, but translate them into something actually useful! ;)

Will try to get it done tomorrow, if I'm not too busy. Give me a kick if I haven't done it in a while!

Sure, as soon as I get a chance. What I'll do is take his instructions, but translate them into something actually useful! ;)

Will try to get it done tomorrow, if I'm not too busy. Give me a kick if I haven't done it in a while!

Cheers!

...? :)

...? :)

Gah! I knew I'd forget :D

Actually, I've since uninstalled that patch and found a better one. It's the Superpatch 0.5 for PES2008 from http://www.proevolutionline.com/. Very straightforward and has decent instructions. I heartily recommend you guys try it out instead!

Edit: URL now fixed, cheers KdjaCL!

Actually, I've since uninstalled that patch and found a better one. It's the Superpatch 0.5 for PES2008 from http://www.proevolutiononline.com. Very straightforward and has decent instructions. I heartily recommend you guys try it out instead!

is that the right website?

kdjac

Actually, I've since uninstalled that patch and found a better one. It's the Superpatch 0.5 for PES2008 from http://www.proevolutionline.com/. Very straightforward and has decent instructions. I heartily recommend you guys try it out instead!

Edit: URL now fixed, cheers KdjaCL!

Didnt work for me. Followed the instructions and I just get a black screen when I try load up pro evo.

[edit] I backed up the file, luckily. Swapped it back and the game started as normal...apart from the fact that EVERY team now has white or red Chelsea jerseys...wtf.

Thanks man!

Didnt work for me. Followed the instructions and I just get a black screen when I try load up pro evo.

[edit] I backed up the file, luckily. Swapped it back and the game started as normal...apart from the fact that EVERY team now has white or red Chelsea jerseys...wtf.

Thanks man!

Never seen the black screen issue before (although the very odd time, the game won't start for me; but that's always been the case). I *have* seen the Chelsea kit issue before. It's something to do with "linked kits". I'm not totally certain what that is, but afaik it's something like the Chelsea kit is like a default of some kind.

One thing you could try is going to Options -> Edit and re-loading your edit file. You did install the EDIT file provided with the patch, right? What about taking the steps to deal with the "reserve space" issue (details in Readme, iirc)?

Sorry I can't help more, but obviously I didn't have anything to do with the writing of this patch :) All I can tell you is that I followed the instructions and I used AFSExplorer 3.7 (didn't use Game Graphic Studio at all), and all was well. I also added a rotating adboard patch at the same time, which was pretty cool. One step at a time, though!

• Advertisement

Has anyone found any good kitpacks ?

Not me.

Im holding back till kitserver 7 gets its linked-kits functionality added. Might be a while yet though :/

Has anyone made use of the latest patch (v1.2) yet?

Is it any good / bad / waste of time ?
    Changes in version 1.20:

- Searching for opponents in “Quickmatch” tries first to pair you with players having a good connection
    - Occasionally appearing slow downs during matches have been fixed to improve game play quality
    - Some changes to the network structure have been introduced in order to solve issues for users which are not able to connect to opponents
    - Issues with Windows Vista causing PES 2008 not to recognize the full amount of the video card's VRAM have been fixed.
    - Various other minor issues have been corrected

Changes in version 1.1:

- Lag issues resulting from slow connections have been improved.
    - The speed the power bar builds up is now consistent.
    - Small mistakes in the in-game text have been fixed.
    - Minor issues that occurred under rare conditions have been solved.
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_22247.shtml

SofaKing wrote: »
    Has anyone made use of the latest patch (v1.2) yet?

Is it any good / bad / waste of time ?

http://www.gamershell.com/download_22247.shtml

I downloaded and tried to online games last night. It was completely playable; enjoyable in fact. I saw a much larger selection of "3 Barred" players and got a game fairly quickly.

That was only under "Friendly -> Search For A Room" mode, not Ranked, although I'd imagine they'd be the same from that POV. The QuickMatch still did nothing for me.

Dammit, why can't we play 2v2?!!?

Advertisement