Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa OPC

Options
  • 03-11-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Was up to my usual window shopping on Carzone recently and came across the new Opel Corsa OPC. It costs €30k:eek: Its a 1.6 turbo putting out 190bhp! €30k sounds stupid money for a corsa, but it can be bought on the opel 50:50 or 3 years 0% interest offers.
    .....A MINI cooper S with a Chilli pack costs about €35k - without any body kit or proper sports seats.
    But woulda?
    Opel-Corsa_OPC_2008_photo_07.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the current crop of Opels are fine cars(the Astra and in particular the Zafira are excellent IMO and the current Corsa has been getting rave reviews in the press so I presume its a very good car as well) but €30k even for 189 bhp is stupid money for a Corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

€5,000 buys you an Astra OPC, a Golf GTI.... seems a bit expensive.

FYI, OPC Corsa costs €29k.(well 28995 to be exact)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    FYI, OPC Corsa costs €29k.(well 28995 to be exact)
    + delivery & related charges, which will be another grand. Tho if buying for cash it should be possible to get it for 27k.

But back on topic, the Corsa OPC reminds me a bit of the Glanza, and would IMHO attract the better heeled otherwise Glanza owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I bought one and love it. :D

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    + delivery & related charges, which will be another grand. Tho if buying for cash it should be possible to get it for 27k.

And not forgetting obligatory Metallic paint! Anyway, €28,995 is the price Opel are quoting, so lets stick with that one. All cars are priced ex-works in this country anyway, with a couple of exceptions like Fiats for instance, so we should use those in the interest of making valid comparisons to other cars.

€29,995 inc all charges and metalic paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I bought one and love it. :D

Any pics? I honestly think its class looking, a bit crass but in a good way:D A LOT of money but still...
    I do my far share of miles on the motorway so what kind of MPG / KM per tank are you getting from yours? Its only got a 45L tank hasn't it?

45L tank, yea. I been running it on E5 and went to Newry last weekend and averaged 10.7l/100km. Cracking car, well worth the money IMO.

Pics:

DSCF0424Small.jpg

DSC00315Small.jpg

DSCF0428Small.jpg

DSCF0423Small.jpg

45L tank, yea. I been running it on E5 and went to Newry last weekend and averaged 10.7l/100km. Cracking car, well worth the money IMO.

Pics:

DSCF0424Small.jpg

Are those the standard 17" wheels or the upgraded 18's? Nice pictures:cool:

• Advertisement

Upgraded 18s. The 17s look wrong on it IMO and the ride isn't that bad on the 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They look well! But as Mark pointed out, the pricing is wrong in this country at least... a few more k's and you're into a new GTI or Astra OPC or Focus ST. Or a slightly used version of these cars for the same cash! I think a 10k price differential would make more sense.

Same problem afflicts the Polo GTI and Fiesta ST.

I had considered all them, but at 20, insurance was impossible. And I've yet to see another Corsa OPC on the road (I know of one more around Dublin)

waits for the "cause they're too expensive" replies

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Lovely car. Proper little hot hatch.

Bet it's a ball to drive :D

Fuel consumption is a bit high though.

Generally I average about 8l / 100km
    And on long yourneys cruising on open roads I get 7l /100km , on normal unleaded.
    Which is pretty good for a turbo petrol engine with 200bhp and 200lb/ft I think.

conneem-TT wrote: »

Generally I average about 8.5l / 100km
    And on long yourneys cruising on open roads I get 7l /100km , on normal unleaded.
    Which is pretty good for a turbo petrol engine with 200bhp and 200lb/ft I think.

What in, a TT? (going by your user name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

aygocorsagy3.jpg

that looks like a squashed aygo with bad modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had considered all them, but at 20, insurance was impossible.

Fùck me - insurance on anything was impossible for me at 20, let alone a hot hatch with that kind of performance! Fair play - would have loved to have had that kind of car.

What in, a TT? (going by your user name)

Yup. A 2.0 TFSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Seeing as this is an Irish site, what kind of mpg do people get from these cars?

• Advertisement

Just divide 282 by the l/100km figure to get mpg.

So 7l/100km is ~40mpg.

Ah! 40 mpg is far from unimpressive for a 200 bhp TT.

Yeah, it's quite good.

But you won't get that if you hit too much traffic on your yourney, or if your having too much fun with your right foot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

E92 wrote: »
    Seeing as this is an Irish site, what kind of mpg do people get from these cars?

the same ireland where fuel is sold by the litre and every sign in the country is in kilometres?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

the same ireland where fuel is sold by the litre and every sign in the country is in kilometres?

and every new car sold here in the last 3 years comes with a km/h speedo...

Funny ye should mention that, any time I've tried to use metric over the past 2-3 years for speed people ask me what is it mph? And as I'm under 25, if people of my age want to know what things are in mph, I presume everyone else does too.

So I've given up, and anyway, as most cars in kilometres with trip computers have a button which allows you to change the fuel readout to mpg(the German makes, any non German VAG car, Ford, Toyota/Lexus, PSA, all allow you to get fuel consumption in mpg), and some cars like most VAG's, BMW's, Mercs, PSA(afaik), some Toyotas and Lexus even give you the option to change the mileometer to miles too(even with km/h speedos), along with the fact that most Irish people who buy car mags buy British ones(where mph and mpg are still going strong), and an awful lot of people are importing cars from the UK/NI, means that it is perfectly sensible to stick with mpg.

Anyway, the EU has given up on trying to make us and the Brits switch over to doing everything in metric(everything was supposed to be only in metric by 2009), so I don't see what the issue is(other than me being as old fashioned as everybody else).

For the record, when this change from the EU came in about getting rid of the old fashioned measurements, there was a discussion here on Motors about should we go back to mph and I said I would be against a switch back.

We've measured distances in kilometres for around 35 years(it came in in 1972 I think), and I never remember a time when petrol was sold by the gallon, and we managed with mpg all those times too. I note that the UK also buys petrol by the litre, and they all still use mpg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bennyxo, does the Corsa have the same torque steer issue as the Astra OPC/VXR? We drove a Vauxhaul Astra VXR last year in the UK with work, and the torque steer in the car made it undriveable when trying to accelerate from a standing start, and damn dangerous. Curious to hear how that would be with the smaller Astra.

Not really, no. Hard acceleration in first causes some torque steer alright, but it's controllable.

Advertisement