Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

a small nct query

Options
  • 03-11-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

after buying a car from a garage, but it had no nct on it but they nct guaranteed it but i went to book an nct test online and the car comes up with the owners as the garage that i bought it off,

I was wondering do i have to contact the nct to tell them the car has been changed to my name, I have the log book since tuesday in my own name, or will it change in there database automatically?

also it comes up as having missed the last test scheduled for it and has a note saying a missed test fee will be applied when i book again, i wonder will this still apply to me even though it wasnt me that missed the test?

I have emailed the nct crowd a couple of days ago but got no reply back so any help would be greatly apprecciatted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Most garages take the car back for the nct even if you bought it three months before all you should have to do is take to the garage on the day of the test some garages will even collect the car from you and bring it back after the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i know but i said i'd bring it to the nct if they just set it up for my local nct centre, they said it would come in my name but its been a month now and still no word

Advertisement