Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

If you had to make UYI 1 and 2 one album...

• 03-11-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

As a GNR fan myself, it was always something I wondered if you could only make one Album and you could only have as many tracks on the album that would be no longer than 80 mins. which tracks would they be ?

Use your Illusion as a single CD.

"Right Next Door to Hell"
    "Don't Cry
    "Back Off Bitch"
    "Double Talkin' Jive"
    "November Rain"
    "Coma"
    "Civil War"
    "14 Years"
    "Yesterdays"
    "Breakdown"
    "Locomotive"
    "Estranged"
    "You Could Be Mine"

78.7 minutes long

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

No offence, but as a lifelong GNR fan I get sick of this question being asked, because after years of being told that The Spaghetti Incident is still the bands most recent release (released Nov 23rd 1993) then I pretty much begin to cry and think to myself, thank god I actually have 2 albums worth of material instead of just one, thank god he actually released SOMETHING back in 1991 instead of nothing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

No offence, but as a lifelong GNR fan I get sick of this question being asked, because after years of being told that The Spaghetti Incident is still the bands most recent release (released Nov 23rd 1993) then I pretty much begin to cry and think to myself, thank god I actually have 2 albums worth of material instead of just one, thank god he actually released SOMETHING back in 1991 instead of nothing now
    No offence but as a lifelong fan of Guns N' Roses I feel I should point out that they have released a live album and a (cash-in) Greatest Hits album since the Spaghetti Incident :).
    As for an amalgamation of the Use Your Illusions, I'd go pretty much the same as the original post except that I would replace 14 Years and Yesterdays with Dead Horse and Don't Damn Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

malice_ wrote: »
    No offence but as a lifelong fan of Guns N' Roses I feel I should point out that they have released a live album and a (cash-in) Greatest Hits album since the Spaghetti Incident :)

While I cant bear to call the Guns N Roses Greatest Hits an album by the band since they were legally forced to release it due to the inability of Axl Rose to deliver his label (Geffen) a new studio album within a 10 year contract time period, I forgot about the other album. Again, I cant call it live because (and you might not know this), most of that album actually isnt live.

The bass in Rocket Queen for example was re-recorded at the time and several vocals were re-recorded by Rose as he felt the originals were too poor

While I cant bear to call the Guns N Roses Greatest Hits an album by the band since they were legally forced to release it due to the inability of Axl Rose to deliver his label (Geffen) a new studio album within a 10 year contract time period, I forgot about the other album. Again, I cant call it live because (and you might not know this), most of that album actually isnt live.

The bass in Rocket Queen for example was re-recorded at the time and several vocals were re-recorded by Rose as he felt the originals were too poor
    You didn't say album in your first post, you said release. I was just being pedantic and I apologise :). You're absolutely right about the Live album having had parts re-recorded. It seemed to me at the time to be an odd thing to do but as we know only too well, Axl Rose's procrastination/perfectionism is well documented. Anyway we shouldn't go too off-topic here but here's hoping Chinese Democracy comes out in my lifetime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

You didn't say album in your first post, you said release. I was just being pedantic and I apologise :). You're absolutely right about the Live album having had parts re-recorded. It seemed to me at the time to be an odd thing to do but as we know only too well, Axl Rose's procrastination/perfectionism is well documented. Anyway we shouldn't go too off-topic here but here's hoping Chinese Democracy comes out in my lifetime!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. :D. I think Mr Rose will have to be brought back from the dead to release this f**king thing. Or it'll be released by one of his relatives after he pops his clogs.

HMV(snigger) have a release date of 11th February next year, so we'll wait n see........?? They were the ones who gave the release date of Nov 20th last year, and we know how that turned out..........! I ain't gonna lose any sleep over this record. AFD, and most of the UYI albums are brilliant, and still worth listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I though this was the case with all live albums?

Even Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous had parts re-recorded. Southbound was also a soundcheck but it was included because it sounded so well!!!

Regarding UYI 1 and 2...Personally I would have preferred if the albums were released as a double album as originally intended. That's pretty much all I'd change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Oh I agree, because if there had only been one album look at what we would have missed, but I just saw another thread on another forum asking the same thing basically. So I now have it out of my system and that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Doesn't every band rerecord parts? ? ? ? Thin Lizzy? ? ?

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Doesn't every band rerecord parts? ? ? ? Thin Lizzy? ? ?
    Maybe I'm being naive but I thought that live albums were just that - albums of the band playing live. Obviously some compression/equalisation might have to be done in places to ensure a similar mix across the whole set of songs but that's all.
    Does anyone have the Use Your Illusion DVDs from Tokyo in 1992? I wonder are there parts of those re-recorded too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As a GNR fan myself, it was always something I wondered if you could only make one Album and you could only have as many tracks on the album that would be no longer than 80 mins. which tracks would they be ?

Use your Illusion as a single CD.

"Right Next Door to Hell"
    "Don't Cry
    "Back Off Bitch"
    "Double Talkin' Jive"
    "November Rain"
    "Coma"
    "Civil War"
    "14 Years"
    "Yesterdays"
    "Breakdown"
    "Locomotive"
    "Estranged"
    "You Could Be Mine"

78.7 minutes long
    I'd have to add Knockin on Heavens Door in that list. Tis the best cover of the song by a long shot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement