Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't Sell My 318 Bmw 01

Options
  • 03-11-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

IM TRYING TO SELL MY 01 BMW 318 FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS HAVE IT ON THE CARZONE,BUY&SELL AND C.B.G AND NOBODY HAS EVEN LOOKED AT IT I'VE ONLY GOT 4 CALLS MAX. THE CAR ITSELF IS EX.COND 2YR NCT AND TAXED? BUT STILL NO BITS ANY IDEAS WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP!:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Link to your car buddy, carzone.ie or other?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

jus wrote: »
    IM TRYING TO SELL MY 01 BMW 318 FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS HAVE IT ON THE CARZONE,BUY&SELL AND C.B.G AND NOBODY HAS EVEN LOOKED AT IT I'VE ONLY GOT 4 CALLS MAX. THE CAR ITSELF IS EX.COND 2YR NCT AND TAXED? BUT STILL NO BITS ANY IDEAS WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP!:cool:

Maybe you ad on Carzone is in caps too, which is really annoying, so they don't even read it ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you'll find its two things (or it normally is) rubbish pictures and too high a price

show us a link maybe we can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bob_TG

Try reducing your advertised price by 10-20% below the competition. This should encourage more calls and then you can say that there are offers already above the advertised price. You don't have to accept the lower prices, but will create the opportunity to engage in a sales dialogue with potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

BMW 318 2 YR NCT LOTS OF EXTRAS EX.CON (2001)
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=753814

• Advertisement

the price is alot lower then the rest and i think the pictures are good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Has it had a respray?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hmmm, its not crazily priced, to be fair its a totally bog standard 318i saloon, maybe there is not a big market for them, seems most want the coupe, not sure what you can do, maybe try forums like this and bmwdriver.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Your car seems to be very clean and the price looks good compared to the other 318i.
    I am not sure why people are not interested, probably because there is way too many of them on the market.
    Good luck with the sales.

no respray it just a clean car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just being picky here, but just trying to help you, the pics of the interior have a date stamp written in on them....well over a year ago, maybe retake them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Only asked because the blue on the door pillar looks a lighter shade than the other blue in the pics. Probably just the light.

yeah the camera i had the date was not set il have to change that one cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Market flooded with BMW's from the UK atm... I know because I imported a BMW myself from the UK. TBH i'm glad i'm not selling it (and dont intend to for quite a while, keep a clean one when ya get it!) as there's just too many for sale atm

alan4cult wrote: »
    2 Owners maybe causing some problem?

It's 6 years old, nothing strange about changing car's every 3 years (my oul man does on new cars for warranty issues - I think he's crazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

UK import?

Usually the case with electric rear windows and parking sensors. To be fair, it is reasonably well specced for a 318 saloon but some people are put off by imports due to doubts over the car's history. Others just don't like paying (roughly) Irish prices for a car they know can be got cheaper, even if they are too lazy to go over and get their own.

Might be worth taking a leaf out of the property market's book; take it off the market for a month or two so people who have been keeping an eye out don't start to wonder why it's not shifting. It's probably not going to shift this side of christmas anyway, unless you drop the price another bit.

Sorry I can't offer any silver bullets. Good luck with the, eventual, sale.

milltown - In fairness a HPI can be done on a VIN so no doubts about car's history there (well, to a certain extent)

Although I can totally see your point, people probably think the seller is just trying to make a quick buck.

OP: Is it your own car or are you just selling it to try and make profit? (I'd hope not as you'd wanna be buying a high spec in the first place)

If it's your own car that you've owned just add a quick note like "Selling due to upgrade" or something to make it sound like your own, rather than a potential profit maker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Mileage and price are too high. I couldn't imagine myself paying that kind of money for a car that's so close to the 100,000 mile silver bullet (silver bullet to value that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Theres no mention of service history, and Id take out the comment about "1st to see will buy". Thats turns some people off. Looking at carzone, theres hundreds of 318's meaning theres plenty of supply to fight against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Decent spec, only 2 things i'd miss would be sports seats with/without leather and i'm not a fan of those wheels. I'd throw these on it:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=758103
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=689729

But i guess ~350 is a lot so spend when selling then again you could then sell the old alloys.

Also no sign of service history.

Best bet at this stage is delete the add and make the changes listed above by everyone re pics and descriptions and relist. A lot of people use the cars added in last 2 weeks month or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Maybe its snobbery, but I can't see too many BMW owners wanting to buy a 'CN' plate?????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's a poorly-written ad, the pictures are awful, there's absolutely no mention of a service history, the mileage is high, and the car is on Cavan plates. Spelling mistakes, mention of 'spot lights', 'mud guards' and the word 'clean' will all put potential buyers off too. I'd recommend new pics, rewriting the ad and having someone else proof-read it. If that doesn't work then it's time to start reducing the price, i'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

maybe its the phrases you have in your ad, when i see these i just laugh.,.

" first to see will buy" in your case not buy....

"very clean car" makes me think something is up...

just include all the info on the car, no statements like above, just factual information, include loads of pictures, dash etc, not just loads of outside the car. when taking photos, try and have a good background....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Maybe its snobbery, but I can't see too many BMW owners wanting to buy a 'CN' plate?????

the same applies to DUB plates!!:D

when i think of DUB plates, i think of cars sitting in traffic, stop start, extra wear on the clutch, etc etc:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Im in the same boat as yourself OP, finding it difficult to shift my 320, might have to wait until the new year and trade it in. In my case its probably the engine size thats putting people off. Anyone fancy a comment on my ad?

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=801164

X.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

4 calls is a good response. Your job from that point onwards is to get them come and view/test drive the car.

How many of the 4 enquiries did you convert to viewings?

p.s. Your ad. needs rewriting. Reasons given by others above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Decent spec, only 2 things i'd miss would be sports seats with/without leather and i'm not a fan of those wheels. I'd throw these on it:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=758103
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=689729

But i guess ~350 is a lot so spend when selling then again you could then sell the old alloys.

Also no sign of service history.

Best bet at this stage is delete the add and make the changes listed above by everyone re pics and descriptions and relist. A lot of people use the cars added in last 2 weeks month or whatever.

Good price for those wheels - don't think the lights will fit on the pre-facelift e46 though.

OP - if you're desperate to sell, then you'll just have to drop the price considerably. There are lots of threads here recently from people wondering why they can't sell their car - it's a pain in the hole to sell it privately, probbaly more so as we approach the new year and people wait for the prices to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

what_car wrote: »
    maybe its the phrases you have in your ad, when i see these i just laugh.,.
    " first to see will buy" in your case not buy....
    "very clean car" makes me think something is up...

I'd agree with what_car, and add to the list the mentions of
    - "lovely car to drive"
    - "any test welcome"
    - "well worth a look"
    - "priced to sell"
    - "great car!"
    - "best offer secures"
    - "*** VERY CLEAN CAR ***"

Its a heck of a lot of positive comments about just one car. Its a nice car btw, the CN wouldn't put me off at all, and well priced. I think its just you're wording.

also, if i was interested, I'd defo give you a call, cause the ad's also strikes a bit of desperation to sell, and a much lower offer would secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

xabi wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as yourself OP, finding it difficult to shift my 320, might have to wait until the new year and trade it in. In my case its probably the engine size thats putting people off. Anyone fancy a comment on my ad?

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=801164

X.

Better interior shots for a start, full dash and seats etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No disrespect but it's a dowdy colour and very basic spec. tbh and as others have said the markets flooded. That car will sell for about 9500 euros max and if I was you I'd price it right to sell before Christmas or else it's a year older and worth far less again. It's up to you to sell the car when you get a call and present the car well. I find carzone.ie great for selling cars and generally sell to the first caller if they're genuine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement