Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you all help me out? Decent size photos of 'Old Waterford'

• 03-11-2007 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hey lads and lassies..

Can you help me out? I'm working on a project with my 6th class shower of future world leaders.

Im after as many photos of 'Old Waterford' as I can get so I figured.. I know a gang who can help me out here.

Old Waterford means just that.. Anything that you think will show a change in the city throughout the years.. be that the 19th century or 1970 with you outside Darrers in a pair of flares. (Chin up.. its all for education).

If you could post them here big enough for me to save them to the laptop and I'll be sticking them up on the whiteboard with the data projector for a chat about 'Oul Waterford.

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Hi trotter these guy might be able to help you out

http://www.waterfordcountyimages.org/exhibit/web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Great stuff! Thanks a lot :)

There's a lot there for Dungarvan.. gonna trawl through it for some Waterford City shots.

Great website!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford County Images are pretty strict on who they let use them. I wasnt permitted for them, as it was deemed "commerical". Commercial in the sense I take money to pay for hosting, design & development and advertising. Non-profit basically. I was informed then that they simply buy the photos of eBay and sell them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I copied a few up on here: http://www.bernarddunne.net/waterford/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

There's a book on sale in Waterford Treasures ( the granary) I can't remember the exact title, but it's a history of the streets of waterford city, how they got their names, etc. Lots of old photos in it, showing what the different areas were like in 1800 etc. Old pics of arundel sq, ballybricken, the quays, etc. Might be worth a look? photocopy them if you need them for putting up on display for a school project rather than ripping the pics out of course! I'd offer to give you a loan of it as I bought it myself a while ago but it's buried in storage at the moment, and don't have a clue where to even start looking for it :o

Would be cool to take a few pics yourself of the same locations shown in the old pics to demostrate how much certain things have changed and how much some things have stayed the same ( a lot of the old storefronts are still in use, esp along merchants quay etc).
    And the folks in the granary can probably put you onto where to find old pics of waterford too, can members of the public access the city archives there on new street? Dunno if you need to make an appointment or what to visit them.

Advertisement