Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

make up?

• 03-11-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hello!

i love make-up like most of the ladies, but i need help?

what foundation should i go for? ( I'm torn between estee lauder, "double wear" or mac "studio fix") is there something else i should be thinking of? :eek:

what mascara? i really like dark thick eyelashes that aren't clumpy? :eek:

what other products does everyone else use and love? lip sticks? blushers? bronzers?

is a primer worth it?

ahhhhh

I'm investing in a good make up bag (ha-ha my friends always use the term investing when we are going to spend silly amounts of money on ourselves) and need some help?

plus looking on the benefit website all the different products that do different things, are any really good?

thanks ladies and gents

bubblebutt

xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

Hey,

Can't really help ya on the foundation front I use Clinique's tinted moisturiser.

As for the mascara then I would recommend Lancome's Hypnoise one. It's brilliant. I used the YSL one for a while but all it did was clump!

You should take a wander around the make up hall in BT's and talk to the girls at the makeup counters. Make sure you get some samples of the stuff. Find out what you really like and then order it off www.strawberrynet.com for half the price!!!

Forgot to mention Stila! They have great eyeshadow's and eyeliners they last for ages too. I bought a load this time last year I wear them everyday and still haven't hit the bottom of them yet. They're much better than the MAC eyeshadows (though MAC do have a wider range of colours) they're both around the same price but you get a bigger pot with Stila.

As for a primer it's hard to say. I used to use Clarins Beauty flash balm but I've found if you look after your skin & moisturise then a good concealer is all you really need (again try Stila).

And for taking it all off I'd recommend Prescriptives Foaming Facial Wash. Leaves ya squeeky clean!

Most of this stuff is on strawberry net too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

As regards mascara, I love Cliniques high impact mascara...Ive gone from the cheaper ones and tried the mac one (which I found crap) but keep coming back to it. Love it, and great cos It is waterproof too.

I used the mac studio fix foundation for a while, not bad, but I quite like the Loreal perfect match to be honest. Also recommend a mac concealer. and their eyeliner.

Havent tried a primer, would like to read what others suggest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

For mascara I use Benefits 'bad gal lash'..think its great! No clumps or bumps.

Mac studio fix..as in the powder foundation?! If so...I love it!! Have two in one colour and 2more in a shade darker(bought them in America when I was there) I wear it by it's self during the day and over my Clairns foundation when im going out at night. I'd be lost without it.

For a blusher, im loving the one im using at the moment from Benefit.
    For a bronzer I just use sunshimmers 'medium shimmer'.

Havn't ever tried a primer..I know a friend of mine swears by it. Apparently smashbox is the best?!! I duno..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Mascara - either bad girl by benefit or ive lately been using a clinque high impact it has a proper brush and and a comb to get rid of any clumps even though there is no need to use it most of the time!

Foundation - hard to say, as annoying as it is u just need to give a few a go!
    My personal view is (depending on how bad your skin is) foundation is just a plain base its what you put on top thats important!

---- Personally I love benefit you just need to know what to pick otherwise you end up picking too many things that overlap....I got a basic pack from them a few years ago and every bit of it is still always in my bag..it includes benetint (my absolute fav) u can use it on cheeks and lips then either high beam or moonbeam (depends on ur colouring) which u can use on ur cheeks and ur eyes...see girls are great at multi tasking!
    Then there powders are great, hoola if u want brownzer but there is loads of options! Im dying to try there new product its called ten and its half bronzer and half blusher really contouring ur face...

p.s You dont need primer if you have properly moisturised skin...and in my experience clinque lipgloss is the best...use benetint and then a gloss over it and lips will be fab!!

Guarantee ill have to do another post too much to choose from hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblebutt

i just bought bad gal mascara from benefit and then also got the blue bad gal which is supposed to reduce the redness from your eyes. Monday mornings at work will be looking "white".

my poor credit card is going to get a beating

:D

i'm going into bt tomorrow to get a few samples, albeit i always feel really nervous asking.

also regarding the primer i've starting using the olay definity range and my skin feels lovely so i might hold off.

please keep the posts coming.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

it includes benetint (my absolute fav) u can use it on cheeks and lips then either high beam or moonbeam (depends on ur colouring) which u can use on ur cheeks and ur eyes...see girls are great at multi tasking!
    Then there powders are great, hoola if u want brownzer but there is loads of options! Im dying to try there new product its called ten and its half bronzer and half blusher really contouring ur face...
    Oh I forgot..
    have dallas(combination of bronzer and blush)love it, everyone I know loves it too! Also got highbeam..great for cheek bones and side of eyes!
    Have '10'..not opened yet tho..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Only prob with benefit is they dont do samples...best way to get around this is either get them to give u a make over or buy the little sets and you get small tubes of a few different things!
    And if your nervous about asking say your looking for something and when they suggest an item but say you are not sure have you got a sample so you could try it at home...I hate asking for samples straight away too!!:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I use Benefits Big Beautiful Eyes pallet and I find it great, really brings out my eyes.. I also use their Dallas bronzer, bit pricey for a bronzer but it is great, really makes my face glow.. Worth the extra few quid IMHO..

As for mascara, Two Face do a great one called lash injection and it really exagerates your lashes.. adds length and body to them, little hard to remove, I usually end up just picking it off, but it's water resistant too which is a plus, specially if you're going on holidays..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm a big Double Wear fan, I'd go for that as your foundation.
    I like Loreal Lash Architect for mascara. Gel eyeliners applied with a small thin brush look really cool, like Mac's Fluidline.
    I love Dollymix blusher from Mac for a really bright pink blush.
    Estee Lauder Idealist is great for under foundation but is very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I use Dior Show mascara best one so far. Or if your on a budget Boudois (sorry for the spelling) double one, the one with the extending white and black. Gives great big lashes with no clumps. And Smashbox primer is the best around smooth baby soft skin!! and it comes in clear and green to reduce redness of the skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah I agree, I use Dior Show - just a got a new one yesterday actually!!

Started using it early this year and haven't used anything else since!!

Advertisement