Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism help.

Options
  • 03-11-2007 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Hi, first of all I want to say sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I presume you guys may have a good idea on what I should do.

I have to write an article aimed for a broadsheet from a garda press release, my main problem is that I don't know how to link in the description of the three culprits with the rest of the article and would be very obliged if you could give me a hand.

This is how my article reads now:

A series of assaults occurred last Friday evening in South County Dublin.

The first incident occurred at approximately 9.45 at the East pier in Dun Laoghaire, when foreign students were attacked by a group of youths.

One of the victims, a 12 year old girl was struck in the face with a glass bottle, and was treated in hospital for her injuries.

The culprits made their way to Queens Road, where they assaulted and robbed three other foreign students, stealing a handbag and credit card.

Gardai are still searching for the culprits and plead with anyone who witnessed either event to contact them on 01-6665000.

*Now in the press release it mentions that there were 7 people responsible, and gives a description of three of them. How should I put this into my article?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

By no means definitive, but how I'd do it:

"Gardai are appealing for information after a series of assaults, which took place last Friday in South County Dublin.

The first incident occurred at approximately 9:45, at the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire when a group of foreign students was attacked by seven youths.

One of the victims, a 12 year old girl, was struck in the face with a glass bottle, and has been treated in hospital for her injuries.

The attackers proceeded to Queens Road, where they assaulted and robbed three other foreign students. A handbag and credit card were stolen.

Gardai are still searching for those involved and have provided a description of three of the suspects.

<insert description here>

Gardai as that any witnesses to either event should contact them on 01-6665000"

Hope that's some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cheers...pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No problem, glad to help. :)

Advertisement