Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Forum

Options
  • 03-11-2007 11:27pm

This is an idea that I may have mentioned here before -

how do the mods and users think about making a couple of subforums, for example:

-Target Shooting
    -Game Shooting
    -Equipment

This would allow declutter the forum somewhat, and might help new people coming in given they can see clearly the distinctions in shooting.

Just a thought!

Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

i think its a very good idea, my sport is game shooting and i find that threads go of page one very fast, and would also help the new people starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Very true. I am a target shooter and dont have any interest in game shooting. Might not be any harm to divide into subforums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I would like that too.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

+1

I heartily endorse this product/event/service. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I'd be all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

+1 am curious as to how awkward it would be to do this?

Not very..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'd imagine it'd be like the Airgun BBS and that certain people would visit certain sections more than others, even exclusively.

Anyhow, I'd like to rename the Game Shooting section "Hunting", I don't shoot game or targets (with the exception of testing my rifle).

johngalway wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'd be like the Airgun BBS and that certain people would visit certain sections more than others, even exclusively.

Anyhow, I'd like to rename the Game Shooting section "Hunting", I don't shoot game or targets (with the exception of testing my rifle).
    Are they not the same?

Yeah - something similar to the Airsoft forum is what I was thinking of..

I meant I shoot foxes, greycrows, and magpies, not game as in ducks, phesants etc. Just splitting hairs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Laoiser

Its a fair point jg!

And I'd be most interested in the "Hunting" forum too!

+1 again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭rabbit Stew

Great idea lads,
    May i suggest a listing in the equipment section of dealers and gunsmiths.
    It would be handy to have alist of names and numbers as they're not always easy to find..

Huzzar!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

May i suggest a listing in the equipment section of dealers and gunsmiths.
    It would be handy to have alist of names and numbers as they're not always easy to find..

That's probably best put in the wiki TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

good idea

Any mod comment on this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

All sounds good. We have been talking about the same sort stuff for a few weeks. Not everything is practical, we cann't have a subforum for everything but the general Idea is to have specfic subforums, cut down on the stickys in the main one and try to focus on making the board a good source of information for everyone. As somone alreadsy said the Airsoft lot have done a great job with their area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

im all for it it! break loose and storm!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

+1
    Remmy wrote: »
    +1 am curious as to how awkward it would be to do this?

It took about 6months for subforums to be added to the poker forums, so u might be waiting awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

go for it

Well? Is this going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

did u post a request in the forums forum?

No need - the mods have a secret thread where I gather they have been talking about it..

obviously more talk needed before action..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

No need - the mods have a secret thread where I gather they have been talking about it..

obviously more talk needed before action..

Well we wouldn't be flavour of the month at the moment. Hopefully they'll give us the go ahead.

rrpc wrote: »
    Well we wouldn't be flavour of the month at the moment. Hopefully they'll give us the go ahead.

The Politburo act in mysterious ways ;)

There is no discussion of this in the mod forum, from what the mods here have been saying the discussion has been on the shooting mod thread.

So either they have decided that they are going to do this, and have asked the admins
    Or they have decided they are not going to do this, but that doesn't tally with the posts by shooting mods on this thread.

I just hope they are still not 'discussing' the structure and getting bogged down in detail, if this is the case then the mods should put a rough outline of what they are proposing and let the users have a say.
    It is clear from other threads that the all people on the shooting forum believe in 'open government', I just hope the season for it has not closed on boards.ie

Bonus point if someone can name the series where I stole that last line from.

Perhaps in the interim, a mod could get rid of the licence fee sticky and instead put up a competition results thread.

In Air Rifle over the last while:
    Irish Junior Shooter takes silver in Bisley,
    Irish Junior Shooters make final in Bisley
    DURC shooter wins WTSC senior open (go me!)
    DURC shooter comes 6th in Welsh Open (go me again!)
    WTSC shooter and Irish Junior shooter comes 7th in Welsh Open (junior match)
    DURC novice shooter (relative to who she was shooting against) wins DURC open

If threads like this are put up and easy to find, read and see, then it may help for press coverage instead of lots of stickied threads focusing on the negative aspect of Irish shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sfinn

i would say "YES Minister"

Advertisement