Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "i Hate Thread"

• 03-11-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭

ill start this thread by sayin i hate undertaker...lets face it who likes the guy....hes an old washed up hasbeen...same moves every week...same boring entrance...move over and let up and coming stars hav world title shots...I HOPE AND I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN AT SURVIVOR SERIES..>>>>SPOILER>>edge will come back and screw undertaker over in his hell in a cell match against batista..this should lead to a feud between the two of them leading up to armageddon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I swear, this guy is not my son.

... but with thinking like that, i'm tempted to adopt him.

I hate... f*ckers who try to imitate me, and do a sh*t job of it :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

im just statin the facts VR...hes a fool...grrrrrrr.......:mad::mad::mad:.......and no im not tryin to imitate you...but your stuff are interestin to read ill give you that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Your boards name is callaway and you post on a wrestling forum that you hate Taker, ironic. Personally, I don't think he's a patch on Batista. Also hate CM Punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I hate the way Carlito runs the ropes like he's afraid they'll hurt his back.

I hate the way Chris Daniels wrestles like he's performing a dance recital.

I hate indy wrestlers who wear baggy shiny pants.

I hate the way Misawa keeps pulling up his trunks. Just get ones that fit properly.

I hate Nigel Mc Guiness' rebound lariat. You'd get more momentum if you just ran the ropes normally.

I hate Todd Grisham

I hate Melina's voice and scream

I hate CZW

oh ya...do you know what else i hate...the simple fact that WWE just isnt what it was 5 or so years ago...the reason my name is callaway is to do with golf...it is ironic though....:p......i hate cage matches because they always are won within a split second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I swear, this guy is not my son.

I was just about to ask!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i hate ref bumps in main event title matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Thats the thing I hate most about wrestling. Ref bumps are a booking cop out IMO.

I hate backyarders.

I hate the nonsense politics in Irish wrestling.

I hate that the WWE is a company which is literally getting away with VOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER.

I hate that fúcking spinner belt.

I hate that the WWE is a company which is literally getting away with VOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER.

TOUCHÉ....probably more than 50% of the wrestlers are abusing drugs....

In all fairness, it's not a sport. The WWE should be helping the wrestlers who want to use drugs do it responsibly and legally. That would have prevented alot of tragedies

• Advertisement

^ Which is why i said they are getting away with it. They are turning a complete blind eye, and IMO Vince & co are directly responsible for the deaths of nanci and Daniel Benoit.

gimmick wrote: »
    ^

I hate that fúcking spinner belt.

I have to agree i hate that belt!! Bring back the one with the eagle on it!

What absolute rot! Benoit was doing those diving headbutts (and missing them) long before he came to WWE. That's just as likely to cause damage to the brain as steroid abuse would. So blaming Vince for the Benoit family tragedy is just laughable.

Don't become a solicitor, seriously. :)
    VR!

Well he should have failed a medical before signing for WWE then? Not to mention the muscle mass put on between him signing and his last days due to the outrageous amounts of testosterone etc taken. The "wellness policy" should have shown that up. Instead they pretty much ignored it, and let him proceed as was.

Plus, any medicals done for this industry should take a look at the brain considering the high amount of concussions suffered. Benoits brain shpowed waves of an Alzheimers patient twice his age. Now, in my book, this is complete negligence at best.

Maybe this rant is better placed in that other thread!

Well he should have failed a medical before signing for WWE then? Not to mention the muscle mass put on between him signing and his last days due to the outrageous amounts of testosterone etc taken. The "wellness policy" should have shown that up. Instead they pretty much ignored it, and let him proceed as was.

Plus, any medicals done for this industry should take a look at the brain considering the high amount of concussions suffered. Benoits brain shpowed waves of an Alzheimers patient twice his age. Now, in my book, this is complete negligence at best.

Maybe this rant is better placed in that other thread!

I don't know about Wellness, but one thing WCW did have that WWE didn't have according to various sources, including the main reason Heenan left WWE, was medical insurance. Brain damage is very strange though, you can take several bumps on the head and they may not show for years to decades. As for the muscle he put on, can be said for Jericho, Guerrero, Mysterio and Helms as well.

But thats their choice to take them. Vince won't hold a gun up to your head and say do it. Wrestlers will take it because the bigger they get, the more they'll get pushed. But that's still the wrestlers choice.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Chris Benoit snapped, it happens to people, and looking for blame is pointless. It was a tragedy, end of.

I also find it extremely funny the way people say The Undertaker is a 'hasbeen' when he's the biggest draw in the WWE today.

Undertaker is boring as hell, his deadman character got stale in 1996 (the reason why they started to change it in the first place) and they're still milking it today. Give him a title run and he gets injured (how the hell do you get injured working 3 shows a month anyway?).

It's seriously time to jack it in. There are other draws as big if not bigger than Undertaker if used correctly. So quit putting him on a pedestol.

VR!

For me Taker is becoming more and more like Batista. His entrance is exciting and his finisher passable but apart from that.... meh

I think MNG hit the nail on the head in a previous thread. Taker needs a character makeover, and he needs one fast.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Your boards name is callaway and you post on a wrestling forum that you hate Taker, ironic.
    first thing i noticed too rofl :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

VR whats it with you and injuries? they happen as a once off impact! not because you work less shows than anyone else! if you tear a bicep you tear a bicep, its got knowt to do with workload. only joints are really subject to overuse injuries and you cant reverse this arguement because you've already admitted you never go to the gym so i know more than you in this regard! it dosent matter that you have an encyclopedic knowledge of every event in wrestling since the 12th centruy, an injury is an injury.

F!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Takers American Bad Ass gimic was his best.

That promo about the decade of destruction was brilliant.

God no. When Kane first appeared on the scene and until he took his mask of, that story was gold.

forbesii wrote: »
    VR whats it with you and injuries? they happen as a once off impact! not because you work less shows than anyone else! if you tear a bicep you tear a bicep, its got knowt to do with workload. only joints are really subject to overuse injuries and you cant reverse this arguement because you've already admitted you never go to the gym so i know more than you in this regard! it dosent matter that you have an encyclopedic knowledge of every event in wrestling since the 12th centruy, an injury is an injury.

So you claim, for all i know you're a scrawny 14 year old kid in his parents house who nicked daddy's laptop for 10 seconds to post that. A lot of your posts pretty much resemble it. And just because i don't go to a gym now doesn't mean i never went to one before. So no, you don't necessesarily know more in this regard.

My point was there are people in better shape than Undertaker who are working a lot more on the road than he is, and sticking the belt on him earlier this year was a bloody terrible move. Sticking it on an old timer who had been harbouring an injury for months was a dumb move. And by your logic, a dumb move is a dumb move!
    F!
    And thanks for proving my point, now give daddy back his laptop, i think the simpsons start soon, you mightn't want to miss it :P

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I hate the big talentless bastards who are main-eventing and only even in the business by being genetic lottery winners while seriously talented littler fellas are buried in the middle card or left to rot in house shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Everything Diva related, especially the Diva Search.

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of cnut as much as the next man. But it s all so weak ass. Either show me some boob or bog off, stop wastin precious wrasslin time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Surprised it took so long for the Diva Search to be mentioned....

Only reason i personally didn't mention it was because i generally leave the room to fix up something to eat/drink or use the bathroom! When it comes to wrestling, if i don't like it, i won't watch it :)

VR!

The diva search is all about the end product. Maria and Christy Hemme justify it alone

• Advertisement

To an extent, i agree. But do we need weeks and weeks of crap as a means to that end?
    As charliemchugh said, that could be used for more in-ring time.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The diva search is all about the end product. Maria and Christy Hemme justify it alone

Why does it require on screen though. WWE do have a HR department, no need for weeks of meaningless tasks that qualify them for the job. Plus t'is a bit of ajoke, Maria didn't even win and got hired, shows its all just an excuse for WWE thinking they're given the fans the T&A they want:rolleyes:

So you claim, for all i know you're a scrawny 14 year old kid in his parents house who nicked daddy's laptop for 10 seconds to post that. A lot of your posts pretty much resemble it. And just because i don't go to a gym now doesn't mean i never went to one before. So no, you don't necessesarily know more in this regard.

As usual VR, you get backed into a corner and strike as a rat would. and yes i do know more about physical fitness than you do. believe me i do. i wouldnt have pushed this if i didnt. i am so much more informed than you on that subect so just sit back and for once acknowledge your not the only person on this board with an opinion. i wont even answer to the 14 year old comment, its simply immature, something a lot of YOUR posts resemble. as i have said before, i would hate to know you in real life.

forbesii wrote: »
    As usual VR, you get backed into a corner and strike as a rat would. and yes i do know more about physical fitness than you do. believe me i do. i wouldnt have pushed this if i didnt. i am so much more informed than you on that subect so just sit back and for once acknowledge your not the only person on this board with an opinion

If you heard how retarded you sound and how hard i am laughing here. :)
    I will freely acknowledge that i'm not the only one with an opinion, hence why i post here, to... y'know share it and get someone elses. But your physical fitness comments remain to be seen. You're not exactly pushing it by just claiming it. Tell me how. I'm DYING to know.

Then i'll tell you if you're right or wrong, until then shut the f*ck up. :)
    i wont even answer to the 14 year old comment, its simply immature, something a lot of YOUR posts resemble. as i have said before, i would hate to know you in real life.

I'm in tears, really. My life will never be the same now!
    VR!

But thats their choice to take them. Vince won't hold a gun up to your head and say do it. Wrestlers will take it because the bigger they get, the more they'll get pushed. But that's still the wrestlers choice.

VR!

Its the wrestlers choice, yes, but if they dont, they dont get pushed, so that is a vicious circle unfortunately. So in one regard, Vince is at least blackmailing them to get bigger.

Regarding what you said about brain damage - it all showed up in his autopsy, so perhaps it should have showed up in a scan? Thats guessing on my behalf, but what is certain is that numerous concussions cannot be good for a guy, and would i be incorrect in saying that you are technically brain damaged if you suffer from more than 3 concussions?

In todays wrestling landscape and certainly with todays science, medicals should be done in order to be able to see these things. I cant imagine any soccer/rugby/American Football team signing a player who is prone to concussions for safety risks, so why should WWE?

Now I'm not saying I disagree with what you said, I am merely stating what I think should happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

not trying to stir or anything..

but the way validreasoning signs off his posts "VR!" really gets my goat :(

• Advertisement

Why does it require on screen though. WWE do have a HR department, no need for weeks of meaningless tasks that qualify them for the job. Plus t'is a bit of ajoke, Maria didn't even win and got hired, shows its all just an excuse for WWE thinking they're given the fans the T&A they want:rolleyes:

Well the MIZ! got plenty of on screen time when during Layla's one which was nice and it's to build up publicity and angles for the winning Diva's when they get on. It's also a way for the WWE to see which ones have the prescence and testicular fortitude to make it on TV.

The Miz is a great example, didn't win tough enough but he was so loved by the millions and the millions of the Rock's fans who viewed him as his succesor that he got offered a contract anyway and isa doing very well for himself

DRakE wrote: »
    not trying to stir or anything..

but the way validreasoning signs off his posts "VR!" really gets my goat :(

It could be a lot worse, personally i hate those morons who throw in 10 links or their entire PC spec or a rake of images in there. :)

Its the wrestlers choice, yes, but if they dont, they dont get pushed, so that is a vicious circle unfortunately. So in one regard, Vince is at least blackmailing them to get bigger.

But he isn't! Because if it wasn't Vince, it would be another promotion. And the wrestlers would still do it, by choice (as you've already acknowledged)
    Regarding what you said about brain damage - it all showed up in his autopsy, so perhaps it should have showed up in a scan? Thats guessing on my behalf, but what is certain is that numerous concussions cannot be good for a guy, and would i be incorrect in saying that you are technically brain damaged if you suffer from more than 3 concussions?

I'm no qualified doctor or anything. I guess it depends on the severity of the concussions. Although I would have to speculate in the sense and state that Benoit would have suffered multiple concussions, but so has a lot of other wrestlers and they didn't murder their families.
    In todays wrestling landscape and certainly with todays science, medicals should be done in order to be able to see these things. I cant imagine any soccer/rugby/American Football team signing a player who is prone to concussions for safety risks, so why should WWE?

Big difference there, WWE is not a sport and is therefore not regulated. Should it be, that's a whole other issue, and one you can blame Vince McMahon on.
    Now I'm not saying I disagree with what you said, I am merely stating what I think should happen

And i'd be next in line to join you. Something does have to be done regarding the amount of deaths in the industry, especially in the last 5 years.

VR!

If you heard how retarded you sound and how hard i am laughing here. :)
    I will freely acknowledge that i'm not the only one with an opinion, hence why i post here, to... y'know share it and get someone elses. But your physical fitness comments remain to be seen. You're not exactly pushing it by just claiming it. Tell me how. I'm DYING to know.

Then i'll tell you if you're right or wrong, until then shut the f*ck up. :)

I'm in tears, really. My life will never be the same now!
    VR!

wow, great comeback. do you do anything else other than post here? you seem to live here. and the VR! thing pisses me off too. its been said by others too.

Great! Means i'm more inclined to keep it at the end of every post then. :)
    And how do you know i don't do anything else other than post here... unless of course you're reading every one of them and replying... right?

And most of the time i'm here posting my opinions, i'm getting paid for it. What are you getting paid for? ;)
    Quit while yer behind.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Somebody mentioned politics in reference to the Irish Wrestling scene but isn't that everywhere?

I hate politics.:D

I believe he was referring to the unrequired politics of the Irish Wrestling Scene, which has a handful of small promotions who at one stage (haven't followed in the last couple of years) did all they could to work against each other. Sticking on shows on the same dates etc.

Not quite the same as the politics in larger corporate promotions.
    Mind you, i'm not a fan of politics (even if i am a fan of HHH)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I really can't understand why anyone would let something like a pair of initials at the end of a post annoy them. Its especially strange to see someone who's a mod on these forums bitching about it. I thought mods were here to stamp out pettiness and unnecessary comments not add to them?:confused:

Well... i wasn't gonna say anything, but i was certainly on the same lines of thinking.
    As for forbesii, well... does anyone really give a sh*t what he thinks? ;)

VR!

I hate that the title doesnt change hands when a person is disqualified or counted out etc...Orton Michaels at cyber sunday was going good until the low blow...There should have been a good finish to that,

i hate Todd Grisham, i also cant stand Lillian Garcia as an announcer, I'm sure shes a nice lady but her voice irritates me, the ECW announcer who did the Dublin house shows is much better

I hate VR. Only joking, its a good "feud".

hhhumanity.jpg:D

Touché KRUDLER,,Touché

FOZZY please ban FORBESII....he is making fun of my DAD..HAHA....

• Advertisement
Advertisement