Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "i Hate Thread"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

callaway92 wrote: »
    Touché KRUDLER,,Touché

thats right,everyone touch krudler, no wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

forbesii and i have a love hate relationship.
    We love to hate each other and hate to love each other. :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

krudler wrote: »
    i hate Todd Grisham, i also cant stand Lillian Garcia as an announcer, I'm sure shes a nice lady but her voice irritates me, the ECW announcer who did the Dublin house shows is much better

Bring back the FINK!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

forbesii and i have a love hate relationship.
    We love to hate each other and hate to love each other. :D

VR!

Indeed thats correct. but now you have a son here the odds are probably stacked in your favour!

That's the way it goes... not my fault people see me as a demigod ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I hate the fact that the male manager is pretty much obsolete in WWE. I was watching Larry Sweeney earlier and that man could entertain so many people if he were given a chance to manage someone in WWE. He's got talent which probably isn't going to be useful if he ever does make it there

I hate Mexican refs. They don't make any decision clear and they don't pay enough attention to the matches

As for the VR sign-off thing, I always imagine his posts as him cutting a promo, and then at the end he jumps into some sort of Shawn Michaels pose and shouts "VR!"

i hate.... WRESTLING!... what a load of crap, just watch real fighting will ye instead of wimps in costumes!...... only in maerica could something like this come about.... full grown men in the crowd going nuts!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i hate when idiots risk a banning through flaimbait i.e coming onto a wrestling forum and insulting wrestling as a whole.

i hate.... WRESTLING!... what a load of crap, just watch real fighting will ye instead of wimps in costumes!...... only in maerica could something like this come about.... full grown men in the crowd going nuts!!:D

I hate it when people cant spell AMERICA,oh and flamebait fools who dont know what they're talking about and try to get a rise out of people

• Advertisement

Colour me blind here, but i looked a map for the last five mins or so and couldn't find maerica on the map. Could you care to enlighten me? Or are you just another dumb schmuck who'll come, spout their meaningless drivel and then leave without trace?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    VR!

I hate it when people cant spell AMERICA,oh and flamebait fools who dont know what they're talking about and try to get a rise out of people

BASTARD!! Beat me to it! :(
    VR!

i hate that tag team wrestling has gone to **** in recent years, bring back the warlord and the barbarian! or demolition

i hate that tag team wrestling has gone to **** in recent years, bring back the warlord and the barbarian! or demolition

Don't rule out a Demolition comeback. Ax and Smash tagged in August for the first time in almost 17 years! And Darsow is still on good terms with WWE. Demolition have done a shoot interview since.

VR!

Don't rule out a Demolition comeback. Ax and Smash tagged in August for the first time in almost 17 years! And Darsow is still on good terms with WWE. Demolition have done a shoot interview since.

VR!

Man I'd mark like a 9 year old Cena fan for that, they had such awesome entrance music "here comes the axe! and here comes the smasher! the Demolition, walking disaster,pain and destruction is all in the name!"

It's actually Pain And Destruction are our middle names, but close enough :)
    I too would mark out like a little bitch.

Hey, thats what the SAVE_US Promo is all about :D
    VR!

• Advertisement

It's actually Pain And Destruction are our middle names, but close enough :)
    I too would mark out like a little bitch.

Hey, thats what the SAVE_US Promo is all about :D
    VR!

actually you're right i have the theme tune on full blast now :D ****ing awesome entrance music i really must get round to buying the figures of them and i usually wouldnt buy action figures, and yes I agree, thats what the second coming is all about, the second coming of The Demolition, screw Jericho they'd get the biggest pop of all time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

i think its for someone less illustrious like Virgil or Skinner.

forbesii wrote: »
    i think its for someone less illustrious like Virgil or Skinner.

its Mantaur, you all know it,or Doink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »

I hate Mexican refs. They don't make any decision clear and they don't pay enough attention to the matches

God yes, its one of the reasons I find it hard to get into lucha despite my best efforts. I can't remember how many times I've been certain a match is over only to realise both tag partners need to be pinned in a fall, or 1 of three plus the captain, or just the captain and the captain's Granny.....AAARRGH.

I'd love someone to sit down and explain those rules to me someday, it wrecks my head. I've searched the net for a definitive explanation but I'm still none the wiser.:confused::mad:

Colour me blind here, but i looked a map for the last five mins or so and couldn't find maerica on the map. Could you care to enlighten me? Or are you just another dumb schmuck who'll come, spout their meaningless drivel and then leave without trace?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    VR!

if your going to try be smart about a typo..check what you write in your own comment first!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

if your going to try be smart about a typo..check what you write in your own comment first!!;)

Oh, in your face VR!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

BURN!!!!!!!

Well at least we know he's not blind as well as dumb. :) 1/3 ain't bad really when you throw ignorance into the mix.

VR!

VR! GOT SERVED !!!!HAHA.............oh ya another thing....I HATE the Hornswoggle gimmick it got boring even before he was announced as "Vinces Son"........I Hate Vicki Guerrero as SMACKDOWN GM...watta clloooowwwnnnnn....hate anything else anyone???:confused:

I hate idiots who use too many trailing dots and too many exclamation marks. :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hate this thread.

flahavaj wrote: »
    God yes, its one of the reasons I find it hard to get into lucha despite my best efforts. I can't remember how many times I've been certain a match is over only to realise both tag partners need to be pinned in a fall, or 1 of three plus the captain, or just the captain and the captain's Granny.....AAARRGH.

I'd love someone to sit down and explain those rules to me someday, it wrecks my head. I've searched the net for a definitive explanation but I'm still none the wiser.:confused::mad:

Here goes...the usual match is 3 vs 3. Each team has a captain. The matches are 2 out of 3 falls. A fall can end when either the captain has been pinned/submitted or when the two other members are pinned/submitted. One of the non-captaining members could be pinned and followed by the captain, which would end a fall. Having two refs doesn't help things, but Mexicans probably think that American wrestling is over-simplified!

Ya gotta love the replays in CMLL though, the way they analyse them and circle bodyparts and rewind them over and over always makes me laugh, I'd nearly forgive them for the refs

I hate stuff!...I also hate Teddy Long not being GM....What happened with him anyway?

Here goes...the usual match is 3 vs 3. Each team has a captain. The matches are 2 out of 3 falls. A fall can end when either the captain has been pinned/submitted or when the two other members are pinned/submitted. One of the non-captaining members could be pinned and followed by the captain, which would end a fall. Having two refs doesn't help things, but Mexicans probably think that American wrestling is over-simplified!

Ya gotta love the replays in CMLL though, the way they analyse them and circle bodyparts and rewind them over and over always makes me laugh, I'd nearly forgive them for the refs

What about straight tags then? Both men need to be pined for a fall?

Thanks for taking the time to do that anyway man.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    What about straight tags then? Both men need to be pined for a fall?

Yup, it's usually 2 out of 3 falls too. They were the rules for the famous Eddy Guerrero & Art Barr vs El Hijo Del Santo & Octagon match, great match but the ref pissed me off in it too!

Yup, it's usually 2 out of 3 falls too. They were the rules for the famous Eddy Guerrero & Art Barr vs El Hijo Del Santo & Octagon match, great match but the ref pissed me off in it too!

Brilliant, brilliant match. And yes as per usual the refereeing was clear as muddy water.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Undertaker is boring as hell, his deadman character got stale in 1996 (the reason why they started to change it in the first place) and they're still milking it today. Give him a title run and he gets injured (how the hell do you get injured working 3 shows a month anyway?).

It's seriously time to jack it in. There are other draws as big if not bigger than Undertaker if used correctly. So quit putting him on a pedestol.

VR!

Sorry about the late reply, been living in a blackout for the past 36 hours.

While I do agree with you that Taker's character has got a bit stale since 2004, I completely disagree with you when you say his character is boring. On the contrary, I think it's amazing how Mark Callaway has taken a gimmick that, on paper anyway, is extremly childish, probably wouldn't get off the ground in today's WWE (Mordaci, Boogeyman, Hornswoggle (It won't last!)), and has ran with it for 17 years! He's actually made the gimmick his own, and made it damn near believable! I don't think thats boring at all, it's always been the gimmick that has most fascinated me. The days of the minestry of darkness were the absoloute sh!t. The character is being milked for all it's worth because it's still worth milking.

I'd say he should jack it in if he was losing it in the ring, but he's not. He is just as good as ever. He is more than capable of putting solid to very good matches if the guy in the ring with him isn't completely cr@p. He made Dave Batista look good this year for flip sake!

Why shouldn't he be given the title? He is the best draw on SD, and a potential WM main event between Edge and Taker for the title would be great. So he got injured this year? If injuries were to automatically stop guys from getting the title, that would exclude Triple H, Shawn Michles, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Bobby Lashley, Mr Kenndey, Gregory Helms amongst others who have missed action this year from getting the strap. Are they all cripples too? You just use the fact that Taker was unlucky enough to get injured to fuel your obvious hatred for the guy.

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    While I do agree with you that Taker's character has got a bit stale since 2004, I completely disagree with you when you say his character is boring. On the contrary, I think it's amazing how Mark Callaway has taken a gimmick that, on paper anyway, is extremly childish, probably wouldn't get off the ground in today's WWE (Mordaci, Boogeyman, Hornswoggle (It won't last!)), and has ran with it for 17 years! He's actually made the gimmick his own, and made it damn near believable! I don't think thats boring at all, it's always been the gimmick that has most fascinated me. The days of the minestry of darkness were the absoloute sh!t. The character is being milked for all it's worth because it's still worth milking.

I'd tend to disagree on several points. How is that character still believable? He's a deadman, he's a biker and now he's a deadman again? The buried alive match is meant to be his specialty match, i don't think he's ever even won one! He needs a character makeover and he needs one pronto!
    I'd say he should jack it in if he was losing it in the ring, but he's not. He is just as good as ever. He is more than capable of putting solid to very good matches if the guy in the ring with him isn't completely cr@p. He made Dave Batista look good this year for flip sake!

Whoop de do! A lot of people made Batista look good this year.
    Why shouldn't he be given the title? He is the best draw on SD, and a potential WM main event between Edge and Taker for the title would be great. So he got injured this year? If injuries were to automatically stop guys from getting the title, that would exclude Triple H, Shawn Michles, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Bobby Lashley, Mr Kenndey, Gregory Helms amongst others who have missed action this year from getting the strap. Are they all cripples too? You just use the fact that Taker was unlucky enough to get injured to fuel your obvious hatred for the guy.

He won't be the best draw on SD once Edge comes back, he might be the oldest one, but his time has come and his time has passed. Too bad he doesn't see it yet. He's old, his character is old and stale as last weeks loaf. It's not the fact that he got injured, it's the fact that he spent so much time working 3 day months that the second it's demanded that he has to work more (ie, defending the belt), he chokes. Is that what the brands #1 draw is all about? I doubt that very much!

VR!

I'd tend to disagree on several points. How is that character still believable? He's a deadman, he's a biker and now he's a deadman again? The buried alive match is meant to be his specialty match, i don't think he's ever even won one! He needs a character makeover and he needs one pronto!

The Deadman gimmick is what it is, pretty much implausable, and to enjoy it you need a degree of suspended disbelief. The fact that he was a biker in between spells of being the deadman really doesn't matter a jot to me. I look past it. So what if he never won a Buried Aliev match? Mick Foley never won a Hell In The Cell match and that's HIS specialty. The fact of the matter is, Foley gained a noterity from HITC, in the same way as Taker did with Bried Alive. (BTW Taker & Big Show vs Rock & Sock on Smackdown :p)

Whoop de do! A lot of people made Batista look good this year.

Well, the only good Batista matches I've seen this year (or any other year for that matter) were against Taker and Edge. I think back to his match with Kennedy at RR :eek:

He won't be the best draw on SD once Edge comes back, he might be the oldest one, but his time has come and his time has passed. Too bad he doesn't see it yet. He's old, his character is old and stale as last weeks loaf. It's not the fact that he got injured, it's the fact that he spent so much time working 3 day months that the second it's demanded that he has to work more (ie, defending the belt), he chokes. Is that what the brands #1 draw is all about? I doubt that very much!

OK, say you think Edge is a bigger draw? What would you think of Edge ending Taker's streak at WM then, giving him the ultimate rub? I know i'd much rather see that than another Batista title match at WM. Also, Taker worked full time from No Mercy through to when he got injured, a good 6 months. He wrestled house shows, dark matches and even a few times on Raw. Don't give me the 3 shows a month excuse. He also wrestled in Iraq at christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mick Foley never won a Hell In The Cell match and that's HIS specialty.

T'was the Boiler Room brawl that was his specialty, not the HITC.

Yeah HITC was Undertakers specialty as Shawn retired a few months after the first one.
    VR!

Was the casket match not Undertaker's specialty?

Forgot about those, but after seeing the one at Rumble 94, it would make sure want forget it too. And i'm sure Shawn would love to forget the one at 98.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Why is the Punjabi Prison Khali's specialty match when he has only competed in it once, and lost the match to boot. Had he been cleared to face Taker for the first Punjabi Prison he would have lost, also.

Wasn't he sheduled to be in a second one but Big Slow took his place?
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Wasn't he sheduled to be in a second one but Big Slow took his place?
    VR!
    Yeah, that what I meant when I said

"Had he been cleared to face Taker for the first Punjabi Prison he would have lost, also."

'Speciality match' is just a kayfabe expression anyway. It's just a gimmick match that fits with the gimmick a wrestler has. It doesn't matter whether they win them or not, just that they are associated with them.

Anyways, the one thing I hate in wrestling more than anything else is that fat stripper guy that keeps showing up. I am not a violant person by any stretch, put I would love to slap the person (Steph?) who thinks that he's even remotely entertaining.

Anyways, the one thing I hate in wrestling more than anything else is that fat stripper guy that keeps showing up. I am not a violant person by any stretch, put I would love to slap the person (Steph?) who thinks that he's even remotely entertaining.

Oh god, is that fool still around? Seriously, he as no talent other than to make my stomach churn!

VR!

Oh god, is that fool still around? Seriously, he as no talent other than to make my stomach churn!

VR!
    He was on raw last night

• Advertisement

TNA's version of him was even worse, they were somehow trying to make fun of WWE by saying "look! They have a fat naked oily guy on their tv show!", yet not realising that they had the exact same thing and that they had less tv time to waste

I thought TNA released Junior Fatu?
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I hate...everbody!!! Joking of course but I do hate that fans are "settling" on guys like Cena, Orton and Batista etc. Not bad but back in '96-'01 they'd be european and maybe IC guys at most. They're not lacking in talent I just think they lack the "whole package" that Angle, the Rock, SCSA and others had.

And I think because alot of fans think this is the best WWE have to offer they just make due with what they're putting out every week all the while hoping someone like Jericho will come back and "save us". And it annoys me more because I feel like I've settled a bit god damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hate constant dualing chants. Just because some people are for one wrestler, doesn't mean you are automatically against him.

I like them sometimes, but not every friggin time.

I hate that RAW>>not live is shown on thursdays...i liked it a lot more Friday nights.Aswell, I hate the way that im just not excited about PPV's anymore.A few years ago i would get them when on Sky Box Office.Now i only watch the ones on SKY Sports,I would get The 4 main PPV's on box office though,even though Summerslam let me down BIG TIME this year:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement