Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

t.A.T.u.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

All The Things She Said is a fantastic song. Anything else I've heard by them I don't like.
    Oasis haven't done anything good since 1995 - in fact they've consistently sucked balls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Origional Poster has terminated conversation until further notice.
    followed by
    go look for yourself, google it
    followed by
    I've had enough, if you don't like them then skip to another thread because I'm not replying to this one anymore. Goodnight.
    followed by
    probably as pointless as your post

trevorku, surely to god you knew the sort of responses your were likely to get on the boards regarding a couple of teenage pop tarts who's infamy is based primarily on the pretence that they are in love with each other, and consequently you could have come up with something better than the rather petulant responses which you flung in the faces of anyone who disagreed with you.:confused::confused::confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

trevorku wrote: »
    I've had enough, if you don't like them then skip to another thread because I'm not replying to this one anymore. Goodnight.

You started a thread and expected everyone to agree with you?...............

t.a.T.u. are very dire indeed, but All the things she said, as previously mentioned, is a great little pop number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Listening to a tatu album is about as pleasurable as a root canal without the anestethic!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I thought all the things she said was the only thing they did!

My interpretation of them...

Worker_and_Parasite_by_spacecoyote.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dudess wrote: »
    Oasis haven't done anything good since 1995 - in fact they've consistently sucked balls.

I'd say tatu lick balls as well but aparently they lick ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ah "All the things she said" is catchy enough but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them...Chances are if they came on a music channel I would flick around and come back if nothing better was on.

Also, if their Russian songs are their best, then they aren't going to have much of a following here.....

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what a daft bunch of ramblings from the OP... this thread is the funnies.

tatu... euch...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah.. All The Things She Said was pretty good... and I don't normally like pop music... I have heard some of their other stuff, but couldn't tell you what it was like at all, so probably fairly forgettable stuff.

I love how All the Things She Said was used in the finale of the TV series Birds of Prey though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread delivers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

I liked the song Not Gonna Get Us

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Hmm I guess I can't argue if you don't like the band, but why respond with such negativity, not very t.A.T.u like I must say. Ok so the songs are in Russian, I can understand them anyway, let me see if I can get some of the english lyrics,, tah-dah.

BTW, you dont need to understand a language to fall in love with the music, that commend was just silly. And obv they do have a following in Ireland or else they would sell albums or merchandise !!!

Что не хватает
    Что не хватает тебе
    Что ты прижалась ко мне
    Если бы на Луне
    Было б чуть-чуть теплее

Что не хватает тебе
    Что ты прилипла к стене
    Если бы за окном
    Было б чуть-чуть темнее
    Ты не узнаешь, как меня зовут
    Я не скажу тебе
    Что не хватает
    Что-то цепляет
    Я не скажу тебе
    Не надо...
    Что превращает тебя
    Не превращает меня
    В маленькой комнате
    Станет еще теснее
    Что замерзает в тебе
    Быстро растает во мне
    Если бы ты смогла
    Просто остаться здесь
    Я не скажу тебе
    Что не хватает
    Что-то цепляет
    Я не скажу тебе
    Не надо...
    Времени нет и не будет
    Крикнешь, я все забуду
    Что б не случилось
    Ночь зажигает огни
    Не жалея давай
    Ляжем с тобой под трамвай
    И пусть все останется
    Так, как и там на Луне...
    Я не скажу тебе
    Что не хватает
    Что-то цепляет
    Я не скажу тебе
    Не надо...

In English:

That does not suffice
    That does not suffice you
    That you have nestled on me
    If on the Moon
    Would be slightly warmer

That you have stuck to a wall
    If behind a window
    Would be slightly more dark
    You do not learn, how my name is
    I shall not tell to you
    That does not suffice
    Something clings
    I shall not tell to you
    It is not necessary...
    That transforms you
    Does not transform me
    In a small room
    Becomes even closer
    That freezes in you
    Will quickly thaw in me
    If you could
    Easier to remain here
    I shall not tell to you
    What not

How deep were those lyrics? So magical and compelling, cant you feel the warmth of Lena and Yulia's sincerity? Of not then you must be in denial. The mere fact that your all opened my thread means your all closet t.A.T.u. fanatics :)

Lets all go to Ekaterinburg, Russia for the next t.A.T.u concert, who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmm I guess I can't argue if you don't like the band, but why respond with such negativity, not very t.A.T.u like I must say. Ok so the songs are in Russian, I can understand them anyway, let me see if I can get some of the english lyrics,, tah-dah.

Thought you weren't talking to us anymore?
    BTW, you dont need to understand a language to fall in love with the music, that commend was just silly. And obv they do have a following in Ireland or else they would sell albums or merchandise !!!

Where exactly can this merchandise be bought?
    How deep were those lyrics? So magical and compelling, cant you feel the warmth of Lena and Yulia's sincerity?

Doubt they even wrote it.
    The mere fact that your all opened my thread means your all closet t.A.T.u. fanatics :)

I was hoping for lesbian pictures.

Cue tumbleweed......

Ah Dear Xavi, so our turbulent relationship continues, don't worry as requested in your PM I will of course send you the t.A.T.u. fancy paper and embossed stickers for your bedroom wall.

Ah Dear Xavi, so our turbulent relationship continues, don't worry as requested in your PM I will of course send you the t.A.T.u. fancy paper and embossed stickers for your bedroom wall.

Hmmm defaming my character through lies? Should I be as petty as you and go crying to the mods? Nah I'll just say again that tatu are a load of c*ck

In English:

That does not suffice
    That you have nestled on me
    If on the Moon
    Would be slightly warmer

That you have stuck to a wall
    If behind a window
    Would be slightly more dark
    I shall not tell to you
    That does not suffice
    Something clings
    I shall not tell to you
    It is not necessary...
    That transforms you
    Does not transform me
    In a small room
    Becomes even closer
    That freezes in you
    Will quickly thaw in me
    If you could
    Easier to remain here
    I shall not tell to you
    What not
    Sounds like an interogation by a Russian border guard to me! I'm sure it's better in the original language of course. Maybe. I'm sure many people thought Tatu were long gone and working in their local Aldi to be honest. Fair play if they are still making a living (probably a fortune) out of whatever they do.
    Ah the sales pitch! It had to come. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

so far the OP has caught a lot of little fishies!

Fishies, perhaps... not really but maybe some silly billy goats circling around the moons surface ten times ten, moving in unison with the equator.

Love and Russian hugs to all

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As far as pop goes I guess they're ok, on par with other similar acts.

This is one crazy thread, maybe Xavi6 and trevorku turns out to be tatu in disguise :D

...and we all lived happily ever after. The End:rolleyes:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    As far as pop goes I guess they're ok, on par with other similar acts.

This is one crazy thread, maybe Xavi6 and trevorku turns out to be tatu in disguise :D
    Trevorku and Xavi6.....are you gay lovers? No? Then you must be Tatu! :D

Please murphaph, it's over, leave it be, don't encourage them for gods sake!:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

murphaph wrote: »
    Trevorku and Xavi6.....are you gay lovers? No? Then you must be Tatu! :D

Sh1t we've been rumbled :D

Say no to communism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They couldnt even win Eurovision... nuf said

They came in third !! So what if they didnt win Eurovision, what does that have to do with anything. They have award winning albums and they sold millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It shows that they sold all their music on a gimmick and when it came down to live performance they couldn't beat a bunch of nobodies, despite having a major advantage in that virtually every body knew of them

All hail to Bub10nothing who appears to know squat about the group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

All hail to Bub10nothing who appears to know squat about the group

Did you just create a thread so you could insult everyone who agree with you?

Face it, Tatu are just like any other pop group, a fart in the wind, a one hit wonder. They have no redeeming features at all, and nothing that makes them stand out from any of the other acts. They're a drop in the ocean of bland pop music.

Insulting everyone who doesn't agree won't change that.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sh1t we've been rumbled :D

Say no to communism!
    I'm sure you meant to say "Станет еще теснее
    Что замерзает в тебе" :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Karl just because your a moderator doesnt mean your opinion rules all. If you dont like t.A.T.u. then fare enough but you dont have to force your opinion. Maybe its not your cup of tea, but its mine and no I didnt start a thread so I could insult people. Actually people started insulting a band I love Karl. I didnt create this thread to have people come in and slate it. I opened the thread hoping that I would meet like minded people who also like t.A.T.u - so what if they are not writing their own lyrics, why do it when some other joe can be paid to do it for them, smart in my opinion.

You sound like one of those people who is into alternative/punk music, obviously t.A.T.u. is not going to be a group you like but why does everything think they need to destroy my thread by putting hateful comments about the band up here.

t.A.T.u. as you put it are not a fart in the wind, don't ask me where you got that expression. Listen I don't expect anyone who hasn't heard all 4 albums of t.A.T.u. to give me any sort of a decent comment because they don't understand the music or the feeling behind the music.

I must add they are hardly a one hit wonder if they are still recording albums, releasing a movie shortly and their last 3 singles were top ten. This is what I mean, nobody knows exactly what they've accomplished.

murphaph - Honestly I dont know if its the correct spelling as I copied and pasted it from the Lyrics section of their website, so possibly yours is correct.

I really don't get why people came in here just to slate t.A.T.u. - isn't there another boards to fighting or arguing about mindless things?

I bid you adieu

Da Svidania Roboti

Advertisement