Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard Down???

Options
  • 04-11-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I cn't get onto blackboard. It keeps asking me for my external account password.
    Anyone any ideas. I need to get onto it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Theres been an announcement on Blackboard for near a month now saying it'd be down this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Oh:o
    I never noticed it:o
    My bad.

Thanks though. Guess I'm on my own for that essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

It's coming and going, I got it for a short while yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

I cn't get onto blackboard. It keeps asking me for my external account password.
    Anyone any ideas. I need to get onto it

You should get in touch with the Communications and IT officer about that- he might be able to help you out:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

You should get in touch with the Communications and IT officer about that- he might be able to help you out:D:D

LOL.

Owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Emailed to me today

Unfortunately the scheduled Blackboard 7 upgrade has been unsuccessful and
    we are currently working to restore the Blackboard 6 environment. We
    apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please check our
    website for updates on when this service will be available again.

Grimes wrote: »
    Emailed to me today

Unfortunately the scheduled Blackboard 7 upgrade has been unsuccessful and
    we are currently working to restore the Blackboard 6 environment. We
    apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please check our
    website for updates on when this service will be available again.

Sweet Jesus.

UCD Admin has gone beyond a joke. Unsuccessful- wtf like? "Sorry it turns out we actually spent the weekend trying to install a pidgeon onto the network, and are attempting to rectify this mistake without harming any poultry"

My bet's on the next scheduled upgrade being during exam season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

It has been down for the past week for me. One day it asks for a password, the next it says it has an error and is responding to slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It's still down.

Farily poor that they were "unsuccessful" in upgrading, despite taking an entire weekend to do so. Also quite poor that it took them until the last moment to realise they had failed.

One working day with no access to lecture material, assignments, blackboard communications and notifications is pretty serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

with respect to everyone ...........

......... ive ****in essays due this week and the department will not look kindly on 200 students looking for hard copies of all notes on BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anybody know if computer science practicals will be on...? I've got Data Structures and Algorithms today at 2pm. Will they just give us a hand-out and have us write out the answers? (they did this before)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

I've got a final maths exam tomorrow, with all the notes on blackboard. Thsi is so frustrating. Does anyone know when BB will be back up or at least if they will give us access to it for a short time? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm surprised the boffins in the UCD computing thing didn't plan for such an event and make it easy to rollback to Bb6 if Bb7 started to puff out smoke and yell "danger hugh brady! danger!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Computing Services are not only incompetent but they are also illiterate. I emailed a query to Bb support regarding a problem directly related to Bb but instead they tell me twice to check it with Mozilla Firefox instead of IE 7.0 when it has nothing to do with IE. After I confirmed for the second time that there was no problems with IE 7.0, they haven't emailed me back as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I had a pc based exam this morning that was worth 50% of my grade in that course.

Luckily the lectuers running it were tech minded and took over the computer room early and spent an age running round logging some 45 pcs onto a desktop so we'd all have access to the exam.

This is rather a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

ah the one day i sit down to actually do some work i cant access my notes...ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Does anyone else have a vision of UCD IT people sitting around on Sunday night around 8pm, then suddenly jumping up and saying "Oh ****! I knew there was something we were supposed to do!". No? Just me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

this is total bs i really need notes...

stull not up but now theres a different logo and it says version 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

They've had an announcement up for about a month chaps... sure, it shouldn't happen, but they gave fairly adequate notice IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

aye but like they did say just for the weekend no? (i may be wrong on this)

Yeah, the notified outage was only supposed to be for the weekend. But they screwed up the upgrade somehow and now we're facing downtime until they decide to fix it. A notified outage is fair enough, even it shouldnt happen, but this failure business is stupid.

I started this thread over on the SU, could be of interest. Personally I think the whole affair is a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

well ****ing done again UCD.They have idiots running the place.What are they doing during the summer months when they have all the time in the world to install necessary updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

the blackboard home page loaded for me, then when i went to log in it said there was no account for my log in number! Well done dumbass, they hav outdone themselves again! (Blackboard release 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm just getting a primitive looking "Service Unavailable" message.

I presume Blackboard being down has nothing do do with the printers on Library level 3 being down!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

No guarentee that it'll be back up and running tomorrow yet, but I'm sure we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

I can login fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Aquitaine wrote: »
    I can login fine

no you can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I messed up and forgot to download my notes before the upgrade. Thankfully, I was able to get into it on Friday night and download the extra notes I needed.
    As Dave said, they mentioned that there was going to be downtime, so I'm sure most people saw that. It's unfortunate that the downtime has run over but, having some experience with setting up computer gear, I'm not surprised that everything didn't go to plan; it rarely does. I'm not the biggest fan of computer services but I really doubt they're just sitting around not trying to fix the problem.
    Since first year my lecturers have advised me to save notes from Blackboard so obviously the system's not the greatest in the best of times. When I managed to get onto it on Friday night it didn't seem any better - granted they would've still been putting it in place. I did, however, notice a good few ads scattered around it for Blackboard related paraphernalia, so maybe the failure is blessing in disguise ;)

I've always preferred moodle anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

It's back. At least the front page is showing, but I can't log in, it keeps telling me my details are incorrect. Anyone else managing to log in yet?

Edit: No no, wait, now the log in form won't load. At least they appear to be working on it.

Advertisement