Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does NTL Block Torrents?

Options
  • 03-11-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hello people
    soon i am gonna change house and thinkin of gettin NTL 3 mb broadband
    can anyone just simply tell me does NTL allow Peer to Peer ?
    i am currently with Clearwire and cannot use Limewire and Torrents

so does NTL allow Limewire?
    torrents?

i am only gonna download music here and there wud probably not even hit 5GB a month in downloads

seeking a simple answer thanks

its just NTL bundled with Digital TV seems like a great deal
    where i am at the moment i can only use Clearwire and its 40 euro a month 2mb connection and doesnt support peer to peer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

Hi guile, try looking in the Broadband forum, there's a thread on NTL torrents...

But simply, torrents are in general quite heavily blocked (i find during the day their fine, but any time after 4pm they don't work).

Limewire etc is perfect, runs like a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭guile45

mollser wrote: »
    Hi guile, try looking in the Broadband forum, there's a thread on NTL torrents...

But simply, torrents are in general quite heavily blocked (i find during the day their fine, but any time after 4pm they don't work).

Limewire etc is perfect, runs like a dream

thank you very much.i have looked in the other posts etc but some people say yes some people say no..some are outdated..i need a clear precise response and an up to date one which you provided cheers....if your lying i'll find ya and break ur legs

ha ha only messing..i'll break your fingers

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Moved from MMDS/Cable/IPTV (which doesn't cover NTL Broadband).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

SOme say they aren't some say thay are. My Torrents are being throttlesd, which means they are working, just REALLY slowly, I only get about 30 KB/s on a single torrent MAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

It's an ongoing problem, from what I've read. Put simply you can't be 100% certain ahead of time.

My advice is this: get "phone company" DSL if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭guile45

SeanW wrote: »
    It's an ongoing problem, from what I've read. Put simply you can't be 100% certain ahead of time.

My advice is this: get "phone company" DSL if you can get it.

i think the previous poster who said they work b4 4pm seems like the problem most guys are having..given most people are home from work after 4..it probably sets alarm bells off at NTL cos most peeps are tryin torrents at that time..once limewire works i will be a happy bunny

one more thing does the NTL Go select digital package include the channel UKTV GOLD 2 now known as DAVE?
    accordin to their site GO DIGITAL MAX INCLUDES IT but u cant bundle that with the 3mb breeze internet..thanks for the replies..sometimes these boards are better than ringing NTL and gettin empty promises

also apologies if i have changed the scope of this thread but i have thrawled thru the other threads but this is the most up to date one.

i see smart telecom is anotehr option but is their TV service any good?
    all i want it RTE 1 and 2, BBC 1 and 2, Channel 4, Sky sports news, DAVE, FIlm4 and TCM,and the Setanta package,,i dont care about the other 100 or so channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Already 94 posts in a recent thread here about the exact issue.

Advertisement