Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logging into other boards sites

Options
  • 04-11-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, does our log ins for boards.ie work for other boards sites such as boards.gov.uk, during the recent upgrade a few of us sought refuge in boards uk, i couldn't use my log in so created a new membership, when i got in, a few of the users had the exact same user names and aviators as they use here,

was it just coinsidence, or did i just miss type my pass word
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I don't think so. I just went to all the other sites and registered my nick before anyone else got drunk enough to think up the same spelling as me....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

daiixi wrote: »
    I don't think so. I just went to all the other sites and registered my nick before anyone else got drunk enough to think up the same spelling as me....

ok, had to sign up as irishstew there, irish-stew here

301st post, yip-ee

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah you have to create a new account for each board. I'd say the reason everyone has the same username is because it makes it easier and you know who is who.

What happened (to the best of my memory) was that I think boards.us was the first one to be set up. If you created an account there, they simply copied the database over from that one to the other boards, so you *may* be able to log in to the other boards if you logged in to BossArky boards.us prior to the database copy.

The database from here was deemed to be too big to copy over methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep, if you have a boards.us account, it should work with .org.uk and .tv (those are the only ones I've tried it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

irish-stew wrote: »
    ....such as boards.gov.uk

Woah woah woah...

Hold up a minute.

Boards is part of the government?

:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Spankeh wrote: »
    Woah woah woah...

Hold up a minute.

Where the hell have you been? Did you not read the email the admins sent to all the mods about the coup?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ruu wrote: »
    Yep, if you have a boards.us account, it should work with .org.uk and .tv (those are the only ones I've tried it on.

Works with .co.nz too.
    Although, there are only two or three Boardies over here :(

I need a hug. I'm all alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

/Gives Rabies a hug from Wellington

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i'd like to take this momnt to say join boards.tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Rabies wrote: »
    Works with .co.nz too.
    Although, there are only two or three Boardies over here :(

I need a hug. I'm all alone.
    Awww... I go over there often but I get lonely and come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Spankeh wrote: »

Like a government of a country or you know, the Government... ?

<_<
    >_>

Advertisement