Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting - What do I need.

Options
  • 04-11-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I am a bit lost here.

I am developing a website with MySQL, ASP.NET and C#, IIS6 Web Server and Windows 2003 server.

What exact specs should I be looking for from the webhost?

I also need to be able to upgrade the package to a more powerful package if necessary. Also uptime is very important.

I was looking at hosting365 but they have a 500MB quota on MYSQL. Would this mean that the max database size would be 500MB per database.

I will have many images and videos on the website so does anyone know of seperate hosting you can get for these objects. They would slow down my database too much.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Your images and videos wont be stored in the database (or shouldn't be) so wont effect database storage or performance.

We use seperate server clusters for databases, website, email, etc, etc, so services don't impact each other.

If you want complete flexibility, you should look at a dedicated server, where you can replicate your dev environment exactly. Prices for dedicated start at about 100 euro a month for a basic machine, feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

Advertisement